Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second whack at college...

Options
  • 08-04-2010 8:16pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

Ok so I started a course in NUIG 2 years ago but became rather disinterested with a couple of the modulesm, to the point where I simply could not motivate myself to study enough to even pass. I ended up repeating a couple of modules the following year as an 'external student' but the problem was still there and ultimately I failed 1 of my 6 modules and dropped out.

I desperately want to return to the college (on a different course obviously!) next year but I'm rather worried about the financial demands. I've been signing on the dole since last October but my claim got cancelled in Jan and I had to resign in Feb - I fear this rules me out of any back-to-education allowance as I wont have been on it long enough.

I assume I will have to pay full fees in my first year back, does anyone have an estimate as to what these may be or any information regarding financial assistance toward my fees and/or living expenses.

Thanks a million

Comments

Advertisement