Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How many penalty points have you??????

• 08-04-2010 8:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭

Just reading another thread there about penalty points etc. How many points have our fellow boardsies got. If you think its too personal feel free not to quote.

Well ill start the ball rolling with zero, had four but they lapsed in january!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

zero so far driving almost 4 years actually quite suprised because i break so many rules of the road its not even funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,616 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Had 2, gone since February
    nice fat "0" now ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭dirtydiesel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭omerin

Zero, never had any, only the odd parking ticket.

On a related issue, another year onto my ncb also and yet my insurance went up this year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

i think im supposed to have 5,but apparently have none:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,934 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Zero, cause the speed limit signs didn't agree with the actual byelaw :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

None and never had any...I would get on my high horse and say I'm am impeccable driver but I'm just a lucky git...One parking ticket though but it was worth the lie in because I was a little the worse for wear...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Ive 2 for speeding but should be gone in the next month or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Gitb1

1. Hardly worth it really. I was caught speeding and undertaking in a bus lane and got away with it, happy days I thought. Later that night (4am) I took a right turn where I shouldnt have. The ONLY other car on the road was an unmarked garda car. Pulled me in and stuck me with a €80 fine and a penalty point. I suppose if i had to pick from getting done for one of the two that day I'll take the 1 everytime :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

Just 2 and well deserved. Doing 100km in an 60 when trying to get back home in time for a new top gear. The ironic thing is i would have made it in time without speeding as my watch was wrong...luckily i was coming around a bend and the gardai didn't see me undertaking a car...I've calmed down since then!

I've had them 20 months so far. Is it 2 or 3 years before they run out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Stoolbend

Never got caught speeding or doing anything else in 9 years driving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I've had them 20 months so far. Is it 2 or 3 years before they run out?

3 years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,881 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

EPM wrote: »
    None and never had any...

Moi aussi.

Not for the lack of trying though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

None.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭TheColl

2, speeding, Oct 07. So not too long left :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

2 for speeding. Got them a year ago now. They might be expired before I get back to Ireland, given the current state of the economy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭scudster

Are you notified when your points expire?
    I have 2 since June 2007 btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭roashter

have 2 for definate and another 2 on the way cause was caught doing 56km in a 50km zone last week ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

If you've no points you're not driving properly :p

I have 4 with 12 months left on them, got the 4 of them in one sitting, fine went to fleet company and I ended up in front of Judge Zaidan in Naas. I didn't have a hope :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

Onkle wrote: »

I have 4 with 12 months left on them, got the 4 of them in one sitting, fine went to fleet company and I ended up in front of Judge Zaidan in Naas. I didn't have a hope :(

Oh dear. Lebanese-style justice, then. Point of interest, did you fight a fixed penalty notice in court or was it a driving offence that reaquired an appearance? Even if I had a wantertight defence, I wouldn't take my chances with him :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Horse_box

I don't have any:D

As a matter of interest, how many points do you need to get before it effects your insurance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,474 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

If your paying attention to the road ahead you'll see the spot checks and unmarked;)

Big fat 0 here as well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Oh dear. Lebanese-style justice, then. Point of interest, did you fight a fixed penalty notice in court or was it a driving offence that reaquired an appearance? Even if I had a wantertight defence, I wouldn't take my chances with him :rolleyes:

I never received the penalty notice so I was summonsed. PITA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

4 in total.

Have 2 expiring next January for phone in hand, two added last February speeding and two disputed well over a year ago that I have never been called up for.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Quite lucky really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

0 Points for me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,881 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Judge Zaidan

Judge Neanderthal :rolleyes:

He probably isn't even capable of driving a car himself :rolleyes:

Who the feck made him a judge :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

None, but I was told I was going to get some after being followed by an unmarked doing a few things wrong (tailgating, 140 in a 100 zone, etc). Guess he had a change of heart, thank f*ck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

8 going down to 6 and 4 soon......stupid mickey mouse stuff and yes, mea culpa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,676 ✭✭✭mondeo

2 but will be down to 0 next month :D

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Piratez

None so far more luck than anything else :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Ozziej

2 penalty points last saturday. 146 in 120 zone on new Waterford Kilkenny road. 4 weeks after changing car from 1.4 Astra to 1.8t A4.

Was distracted with alot of passengers in car so didn't slow down at on-ramps like I usually do. He followed me for a while (unmarked) then stopped me and told me I was averaging 146.

That'll learn me;)

Why don't they issue a receipt at the time? I have to wait for post now and hope he got address right when I told him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,702 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

0 in 16 1/2 years (god that makes me feel old).

Even though I can't have them applied to my licence here (yet), I've only ever been stopped once and that was a random breath test at 06.30 in the morning (passed), and never received anything in the post.

Considering I spend a lot of time driving cars with no tax or insurance on the windscreen, I must be a lucky lad (cue getting pulled today).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

If your paying attention to the road ahead you'll see the spot checks and unmarked;)

Big fat 0 here as well!

If you're going fast enough it won't matter if you see it or not, it'll be too late by then ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Ozziej

Anyone else notice the smug tone of most of the posts?

Wheres all the 10 pointers telling us their self-deprecating stories of disasterous driving. I presume thats why the post was set up in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

Zero.
    \0/
    Down from a few a while back.
    Glad i got them because it definitely improved my driving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭john kinsella

8 going down to 6 in about 6 months or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

None. Despite my complete disregard of the open road limit for the past 20 years, I've never had a ticket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Why start a thread like this without a poll?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,842 ✭✭✭✭kippy

0 at the minute but have had a few close calls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Zero, would have thought I would have racked up a few though for speeding, just got lucky really I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Average of 0.00

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

Got 2 in Nov '06 put on license in Jan '07 and disappeared in Jan this yr! So none. For now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

Just the 1, For an illegal turn, around a shopping center- Gayest penalty point ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭xFROSTY Gx

2 for careless driving (Snow drifting in a car park):rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

On a nice 0.

Nearly got 1 for "Failing to drive on the left"* but I managed to avoid getting it after a big rig-ma-roll, ticket was issued in the post, etc. Common sense won out in the end.

Never got any points, had 3 speeding fines before penalty points though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

0 for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,285 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

4 points, both times for speeding. That what I get for driving a fast car I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Bobo78

Had 2 penalty points for speeding but they have expired at the end of the last year.
    Was caught on the second month since I started driving while still being on provisional.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,954 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement