Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Soccer?????

Options
  • 08-04-2010 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38,460 ✭✭✭✭

I got a pm saying I was banned for 14 days for this. Now if anybody can please tell me what I did wrong. I've posted twice on boards in 3 months or so, once to congratulate Archimedes on a brilliant post and then in the wake of the Bayern/Man U match last night. What on earth did I do wrong?
    Personally I think somebody has gone crazy with the ban stick and needs to have it taken off them.
    Ferguson has to go now imo. His indecision cost them Tevez, he let Ronaldo go. They are now stuck in a situation where a loss of form for Rooney through injury or whatever means they are no better than an average Champion's League team.

For United now is the time to get rid of him, Mourinho has been hinting that he is ready to leave Italy and wants to go back to England. If United don't secure his signature now he might end up in the blue half of Manchester and United fans can look on in awe as they take over as the dominant force in English football.

Professional football at the top level is a cut-throat business and the history of United under Ferguson means nothing today.

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

You should PM the mod who banned you for a more detailed explanation. If you're not satisfied with the response, PM the Sports CMods (Sparks and/or uberwolf) and they'll look at the issue for you. If you're still not happy after that, come back to this thread and an admin will review things for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,460 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I couldn't be bothered to be honest, thats just too much work. I've posted twice in the last two and a half months before this thread. I did pm the mod and he gave me a ridic answer but I couldn't be bothered going any further with it. Why should I have to go through all of that for a very simple post. You read it if you don't think that a ban for that is unreasonable then so be it. I'm not going looking for category mods and all that, I rarely post here so its not going to hurt me. That mod though needs to be told to take a step back and let the mist clear.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Forward your PM and the mod's reply to me and I'll see whether it should go any further.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,460 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Look, the post is there for you to read. There is nothing wrong with it whatsoever imo. I have no intention of dragging this thing out anymore than it has to be. I've been in helpdesk before a couple of times and not once has a decision been overturned.

I'll just ask you to tell me whats wrong with my post. This site is just gotten more ridiculous as time has went by, you can see by my post count that I used to post here a lot. You will also see if you care to check that I have posted very little recently.

Tbh I pity Dev, I know he is a really decent bloke but unfortuately he has surrounded himself with idiots by the looks of things. Whoever decides on moderators really needs a good kick up the backside and get their house in order.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

On the face of it, yes, that appears to be a very harsh ban for that post.

However, delving deeper into it, it appears that is not your first ban from the soccer forum. From that, I take it there is some history between you and the soccer mods and the soccer forum?

What I am saying is that taken out of context, I would regard it as a harsh ban, but I don't know the full context (perhaps Iago would care to comment), so I would rather we get the full story before commenting further.

The ban comment is "Wish granted" - did you tell one of the soccer mods to go ahead and ban you?

• Advertisement
Advertisement