Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

jealous dog won't eat.

Options
  • 08-04-2010 9:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭

I have 2 dogs and they have always been fed on dog biscuits. However, one has developed a severe allergy and has had some teeth removed. This means that I have had to start feeding her hypoallergenic wet food, which is really expensive. The other dog is perfectly capable of carrying on with the biscuits, but it is very jealous of the wet food and is now refusing to eat its biscuits, it is actually starving itself rather than eat them. I now always put it outside or in another room while I feed the sick dog, but this doesn't help. I've tried pouring animal fat over the biscuits but this doesn't help either. I've tried giving it really cheap wet food at the same time but it won't eat it, it wants the special food. It won't even eat chicken scraps now because it wants the special food so much. But that is £2 a tin, I am not feeding that to a dog who doesn't need it. What should I do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

Hmm, I'm not really sure I can think of anything, maybe trying a different brand of dry food? I would try to keep him on dry food because it's better for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭PaulB91

can you feed them seperatly, then after ten minutes take up the bowls, try this for a couple of days

Advertisement