Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trying out DAB Radio in Dublin!

• 08-04-2010 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭

Today i tryed out DAB Radio in dublin This is the first time useing my DAB Radio I Took the train to Dublin heuston station.. The DAB Coverage kind of starts when you go to Athy station I Turned it on and Scanned for stations i managed to get 10 stations There all RTE Only stations at the moment which is crap for choice Anyway i Listend to RTE Radio 1 extra Now the train was moving at speed i suppose Overall dab coverage is not that bad.. On the other hand DAB Is quite useless sometimes. When your going under bridges The Station cuts off and crackles for a second or two And when your going past high hills and banks The Signal also drops abit you here a kind of bubbling noise and it crackes up. Anyway when i got to Heuston station the signal wasnt to bad you would hear the odd drop out. The signal is quite good overall not a great choice of stations tho FM Is still better today.

1. DAB Radio signal drops out alot And In ireland it doesent have a great choice of stations quite poor to be honest.

2. FM still kills dab by far Nearly every radio broadcaster in the country is useing FM. Andi n my opnion FM Is just as good sometimes.

3. LW, MW, FM.. Can beat DAB Radio but The goverment in ireland needs to Expand DAB More which might take a while since the goverment pretty doesent care about DAB Radio anymore.

4. when you expand DAB It should cover nearly all of the country Put more stations on it aswell alot more..

Overall DAB Rating in ireland: 4/10 Poor choice of stations signal is ok abit iffy now and again Not much coverage only in limerick cork and dublin FM Still kicks DABS Ass by far! :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭craoltoir

Agreed. Particularly for mobile reception FM is way ahead of DAB (at present anyway).

Advertisement