Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New bike time

• 08-04-2010 9:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭

I have been threatening to do thos for some time, but hopefully I will soon be looking to get a proper bike - by proper I mean as decent a road bike as I can get for 800euro via bike to work..

I had my old hybrid in getting repaired and reckon once fixed I will keep it for winter but for now Id like something semi decent (if possible) for mixed summer commuting and longer summer spins.. but even after dipping in and out of these forums for a couple of years I am still a bit lost for where to start when looking.

I am gonna get out and about the dublin bike shops this weekend and see whats about (I reckon better to get locally as the b2w savings are decent enough and its good to get the right fit anD the 6 week service etc)

What models should I be looking at to get started? The giant defy series seems to be my price range (3 3.5 etc) but am lost between the difference between levels.

I am reasonably heavy (14st 6"2') and would want something that can take a bit of punishment (esp commuting over dublin roads) is that unrealistic to expect?

plus the whole double/compact etc (i.e. I know what they mean but not sure what will be right or even how to tell on a test spin!)

Any pointers before I hit the shops like the inexperience newbie that I am!

Advertisement