Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Licence issue

Options
  • 08-04-2010 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭

I submitted my licence application today.

In the section asking if you have conformed to necessary storage arrangements, why is there no option for not requiring to keep the firearm in your home? If you wanted to keep the firearm at you club for example.

K

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Sandy22

kkelly77 wrote: »
    why is there no option for not requiring to keep the firearm in your home? If you wanted to keep the firearm at you club for example.

K

There is - right below where you marked Yes/No for compliance with the storage requirements. (Curiously, they don't provide a space for you to say where the other location is!). The compliance refers to where the gun(s) are stored - not necessarily your own house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

I submitted my licence application today

:confused:

Not to be a smartarse here:D, but.....did you not want to check this out before submitting your application, if you had doubts or a question in relation to the form? It's a bit late locking the stable after the horse has bolted.
    why is there no option for not requiring to keep the firearm in your home?

There is.

Page 4, Section 3.5 (bottom of the page):
    If the firearm will normally be stored at a location other than your home address, tick this box

They don't have anywhere (on the FCA1 form) for you to state where this other location is - but this should (IMO) be included in the supplementary information you're providing.

This advice may be too late to assist you - but it may help others.;)

Advertisement