Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeking sean nós instructors near Dublin.

Options
  • 08-04-2010 9:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭

My wife, daughter and I will soon be relocating from Seattle, WA, USA to Dublin. I'd like to learn sean nós singing, and I'm hoping to get connected with instructors near Dublin.

We would both (also) like to learn Irish language, but I'll post that to another forum, unless you can recommend instructors/schools, etc.

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

you could try Góilín but not sure if they would be able to help you as they do sessions where the ppl there are experienced singers.

Comhaltas should be able to help you or at least point you toward someone who teaches?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

There are tonnes of sean nós teachers available in Dublin. As Neil said, comhaltas will most likely point you in the right direction. You can find the nearest branch to where you'll be living here.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭laserlad2010

just emailed comhaltas about sean-nos singing lessons myself. If anyone on here is from Donegal and can teach a beginner sean-nos, let me know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭TheBardWest

I've emailed Comhaltas on two separate occasions and never recieved a reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

Gaelcultúr do fantastic Irish lessons and do workshops a few times a year for sean nós.

Im not sure how you would teach sean nós anyway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 littlebear78

I've been looking for sean nos lessons in Dublin, but with no luck, if anyone has any info it would be much appriciated

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23 baz5291

hi if you have a facebook add RONAN BEO and ask there OR if you dont mail back

• Registered Users Posts: 1 utaalmhain

The Comhaltas Branch in Roundwood had singing classes last year and I would think they will offer them again this year. They are on Facebook too - so I would think you can ask there. Classes were in English though. Roundwood Comhaltas

Advertisement