Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garage

Options
  • 08-04-2010 9:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭

Hi everybody.

I have a quick query that I hope someone will have a rough answer for.

What would you expect to pay to demolish a small concrete shed and replace with a
    25m2 garage?

The floor will have 4 inch insulation, walls are 9 inch cavity without insulation. Electrical work to be lighting and few wall sockets only.

Is 20k a good ball park?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Got a price for a 13ft by 20ft Garage, single block, pitched tiled roof, usual electrics, no ground clearances involved, €13k. That was an enquiry quote from someone who done work for me before, i would think it could be done for less. Type of roof will normally lower or raise the price.
    Might give you some idea, but getting quotes is best.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,375 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Moved from Accommodation & Property.

Why insulate the floor and not the walls?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Stainless_Steel

Victor wrote: »
    Moved from Accommodation & Property.

Why insulate the floor and not the walls?

Thanks Victor.

Well it is a garage, so no insulation needed really. But plan to make it easier to convert if need be in the future by doing the floor. The walls will be easier to retrofit.

Seems 20k is a bit on the steep side...?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

Put up a garage 18 * 25 Ft extra height on walls so made an upstairs as well all came in under 14k, no insulation in it but cavity wall, natural slate so 20k is way over. Did the lot with direct labour

• Registered Users Posts: 46,037 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Depending on location and who you get I don't see why you couldn't get that up for around €8,000 - €10,000

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Put up a garage 18 * 25 Ft extra height on walls so made an upstairs as well all came in under 14k, no insulation in it but cavity wall, natural slate so 20k is way over. Did the lot with direct labour

Did you do any of the work yourself?

I plan to do the blocks, plastering, floors (not the raft) and then get a lad for a 2 or 3 days to help me with the roof.

Outside of the electrical and getting the timbers up for the roof I will do it all.

Advertisement