Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Having to take two other subjects with your main one??

• 08-04-2010 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

What's the story with that? For example, if I want to do Anthropology, and I know I have to take two other subjects with it in First Year and one other subject in Second Year, and I know what subject I want to do for Second and Third Year, can I just not go to my third subject in First Year? Can I fail all the exams in that, seeing as I can't pursue it after First Year?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

If you're doing Anthropology single honours, you take 2 extra subjects in first year and then Anthropology in second and third year.

If you fail a subject, you fail the year and therefore cannot progress unless you repeat and pass.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

I suppose the idea is that after 1st year you might find out that your expectations for each subject are completely different from the reality of the course and end up choosing to drop one of the 2 subjects you had planned on studying until final year and carry on with the "3rd choice".

Regardless, you still have to pass all 3 subjects.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭tigerblob

Oh I see, you have to pass all three to pass the year. Thanks :)

Advertisement