Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much can you expect to improve from the mocks?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Reckoner91

Can't be any worse than 150 that I got...I need like 100 more to get into the course I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I went up by about 150 points.
    That being said some of my mock papers were completely ridiculous! Got a C3 in my German mock, which was the highest in the class and we were not a stupid class by any means! Ended up getting an A2 in the actual LC!

But you also need to think about WHAT you did in the mocks.e.g If you were on boards getting the answers for the mocks your grades might be higher than you can expect in the real thing.

To be honest, I didn't really do that much study for either my mocks or Leaving Cert and I still got my course through UCAS. It really doesn't feel like it at the time, but the LC is not as important as it is made out to be. (In my opinion anyway)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭MariaBabii

I really would love to go up by 40/50points and go up a grade in irish and then I have my course :P All i need is to get motivated about studying and hopefully I should be okay :D

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Behind you Joey

I know a fella who got 300 in the mocks and 560 in the LC, so now for ya....

I got 460 in the mocks, aiming for 530. Hope I can do it?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

depends on the work you put in. i went from 445 to 505 in mine

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Blushingblue

lizt wrote: »
    It really doesn't feel like it at the time, but the LC is not as important as it is made out to be. (In my opinion anyway)

So true. When I tell people that there is many ways you can get to where you want to even if you don't do as well as expected in the Leaving, but no one believes me until its over!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Kormeera X

not much, but i really hope i do better in the leaving. I'm so sick of this kip that i'm on the verge of leaving and there's only 6 weeks left. But i dont care, i'm sick to the teeth of it! i've had it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Danish Door

I know the feeling! I was always brilliant for studying from 1st year but just this year I'm barely doing a tap, just very unarsed to say the least :confused:

think since i got 405 in the mocks I could reach 500 in the real thing? Considering there is only about 5 weeks left and my study starts tomorrow... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Reckle

i got 345 in the mocks
    with studying and work dya think bout 490 is possible?? :S

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭dazco

i've already gone up from a D1 in my first mock to a B2 on a second mock a month later in honours maths.....hopin' for an A in the real thing.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Did the Leaving last year, got 210 in pre's but went up to 430 in the real thing, delighted :D I really did nothing before the pre's though, sorted out what I needed to sort out afterwards though and it payed off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 ANDYBOND777

depending on if you studied for your mocks or not.
    me mate didn't study for mocks but studied for his leaving.
    he got 60 in mocks but got 350 in his lc :D
    great stuff :)
    so get studying ! :D

Advertisement