Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is student life like at Post Leaving Cert

Options
  • 08-04-2010 10:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I will be attending a 1 year Fetac course and i was just wondering how it differs from being a student at a university or IT ? Do you still live in Halls and how is the student life in general ?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

Milk it wrote: »
    I will be attending a 1 year Fetac course and i was just wondering how it differs from being a student at a university or IT ? Do you still live in Halls and how is the student life in general ?

in ballyfermot you dont live in halls,there are generally few student nights and no rag week or anything like that

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭mickmurphy

so all and all its like normal school then ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

mickmurphy wrote: »

Your get what you make out of it, if your looking for a night out organise one yourself for your course.
    Dont go in thinking 3rd lvl is anything like american college movies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

mickmurphy wrote: »

yes and no,it is a good laugh and the people in the college are lovely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭arsenallegend

VinLieger wrote: »
    Your get what you make out of it, if your looking for a night out organise one yourself for your course.
    Dont go in thinking 3rd lvl is anything like american college movies

This.

don't go in thinking its full of parties and crazy wild nights cause sadly it isn't. A lot of the students doing PLC courses live in Dublin( going by my past experience), so they live near to home which means they have their own friends and own life so don't feel pushed to make mates in college. Also a few probably have part time jobs too also a year course isn't really that long (6 months at most) with the weeks and days off you have pass quickly enough so you won't have as much time to build friendships. i agree with Vinlieger, set up your own nights out with other outgoing classmates.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭arsenallegend

in ballyfermot you dont live in halls,there are generally few student nights and no rag week or anything like that

What nights out would be set up for students at ballyfermot, sarannewrap?

doing my PLC course, we had a freshers week, Christmas quiz/piss up, easter ball, the last day on course piss up:D and graduation

that was it found it tough trying to get the whole class out for other nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

What nights out would be set up for students at ballyfermot, sarannewrap?

doing my PLC course, we had a freshers week, Christmas quiz/piss up, easter ball, the last day on course piss up:D and graduation

that was it found it tough trying to get the whole class out for other nights.

People your making a mountain out a molehill with all this "organising" nights out, you wanna go out with your course? find a club in town offering promotions, ie every club that exists and just go there, or if you heard about a UCD/Trinity/DIT etc society/club night hit that cus they always have cheap booze. Its not rocket science

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Milk it

So what would the general hours per week ? hopefully not that much

Advertisement