Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreamweaver Question

Options
  • 08-04-2010 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I was asked to do a simple website. It is meant to be done using Dreamweaver (CS3).

I don't like Dreamweaver and don't know much about it.

I've created very simple websites by coding the HTML myself in Notepad.

If I was to do it my normal way is there any way to open Dreamweaver and convert it so it will look like it was done using the Dreamweaver engine?

Any and all help appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭lostprophetsie

Hi Hybrid Soul,

There is no real reason why you would need to open it in Dreamweaver as there won't be a way for someone to know it wasn't created in Dreamweaver. Dreamweaver doesn't add in any tags like some older WYSIWYG editors like Frontpage for example used to add.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Hybrid Soul

Oh - right! :)

I just thought it would look too simple? Does Dreamweaver engine not generate code for borders and such different?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭lostprophetsie

It depends, because you can use either Design View or Code View with Dreamweaver. In Code View it is the equivalent of you using notepad except Dreamweaver makes the code easier to read by colour highlighting it.

In Design View Dreamweaver does generate code but it is only the same as code you will be writing yourself in HTML and more often than not it can be poorly formatted HTML code.

Is this for some sort of course that teaches you HTML webdesign with Dreamweaver? The only reason I ask is that they may want you to use the Design View but my opinion on the matter is that you are actually going the correct way about it by learning and using HTML and CSS.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Hybrid Soul

Oh -

It's to make a project look classy and official. But as Dreamweaver is the only way we've ever done websites we wont get credit for putting it in.

So I wanted to do it using HTML as neither of us are good with Dreamweaver and we don't have a version ourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Dreamweaver just helps you write HTML faster, it's much better than notepad and you can just use it's basic features so it's a fancy notepad if you like, using its 'code view' option.

The end result will be no different than if you used notepad or any other variety of HTML editors, jus that using Dreamweaver will increase the speed you work at.

p.s. using notepad for coding a site is a terrible idea, use notepad++ at the very least.

• Advertisement
Advertisement