Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragons Den 08/04/2010

Options
  • 08-04-2010 10:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭

Sarah says to the surfer guy..

"you're gonna stumble and you're gonna fall"

What a complete b1tch.. he's website looked good enough and the idea seemed good enough.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Southsider1

Just watching tonight's episode and can't believe how rude the 'Dragons' are to the people pitching. Is it really necessary to be so nasty?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I just posted a thread in the reality forum.. normally gets moved from here..

Sarah says to the surfer guy.."you're gonna stumble and you're gonna fall"
    I hate her.. I hate her..

Sarah says to the furniture woman .. "There's a recession on .. nobody is buying furniture.".. They should not be allowed to use the recession as an excuse.. ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Birdsong

ooooooooooh looks like Sarah is going to invest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

Great 15min plug for a show in which all the dragons were involved, bit of a joke 2bh . what price an ad on national tv for that length. also gavin im out no im in ffs total joke tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭happyeveryday

Sarah says to the surfer guy..

"you're gonna stumble and you're gonna fall"

What a complete b1tch.. he's website looked good enough and the idea seemed good enough.

Not really an invest-able prospect, also there's already a well established website doing the same thing with a few years experience.

• Advertisement

well I was more concerned with the "you will stumble etc etc " bit.. really gratuitously mean spirited... She never invests with websites, she knows she got lucky with one and wont get lucky again.. I wonder does she have any idea how disliked she is.

yeah see your point....actually can't remember a website that has received an investment...wrong place to seek that type of investment???

This is a good idea..BUT Youd have to take it off before the binmen came though.. not sure how people would feel about that.

I get one of these hid bins and ask the producers of the show to put it around sarahs chair ..

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Birdsong

Things must be tight for Sarah herself, twise tonight she mentioned the recession and how people wouldn't be able to afford the product, weird.

• Advertisement

Just me or does the fake hedge look worse then the bin....well summed up by Sean

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

Seems to me that the dragons really want their cake and eat it, they seem to want only businesses that are virtually up and running and then they rape the entrepenuers for huge percentage of their business.

too much of a set up imo, sarah is a total joke. she also comes accross as curt and rude to the entrants a little bit of manners and understanding would go a long way to people who would be nervous about the whole tv aspect of the presentation.

these are supposed to be start up ventures and the dragons are supposed to bring them along to fruition, but they just seem to want a near finished article.

Birdsong wrote: »
    Things must be tight for Sarah herself, twise tonight she mentioned the recession and how people wouldn't be able to afford the product, weird.

yeah cos she normally invests in loads of businesses every single week! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭MajorThom

Didn't Sarah also say tonight that she wouldn't invest in the green bin cover yokey for the same 'its a recession therefore noone will buy one' reason. She's getting very tiresome.

And saying she didnt want to invest in the herbal cocktail drink as she doesnt want to endorse an alcoholic product. Does she think shes some of role model or what. Now maybe shes a hardened pioneer then I'll withdraw my statement forthwith - but if she doesnt she a return on her money then just say it, God damn it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

I think it was the energy food she gave the following reason - "I eat these sort of things in the car and this would ruin my clothes when I am driving and for that reason, I'm out" (can't remember the exact quote) :D. I thought it was the lamest reason I ever heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

MajorThom wrote: »
    Didn't Sarah also say tonight that she wouldn't invest in the green bin cover yokey fQUOTE]

IMHO - that was one dopey idea and I was amazed that someone invested in it. Maybe that's why they're Dragons and I'm not :o

3 fake box hedges would be more unsightly that 3 wheelie bins - especially in front of a house that has not other mature planting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭ocokev

Even with Sarahs resession didn't she said something about her housekeeper wouldn't be very happy if she brought it home?

The wheelie bin thing is a joke, you can buy a wheelie bin wrap that camoflages your wheelie bin costs around 20 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Yep Sarah Newman is a joke. The whole "don't you know theres a recession on" is bull. Plenty of people out there with money to buy things and a lot of product development/lauching/placement involves time, so when the recession is over at least people will be aware of you and your product if you start now. She really has to go.

She jumped at the chance to invest €6k, ****s herself when its more. The trade fair is already set up, no need to rack her brains on it. Bit annoyed by the attitude of the Dragons to the two girls who had the baby fair "we'll get our money plus profits the day after its over???" Bull****. They should be looking at long term investments to nurture and grow the investment, not some guaranteed quick return. Wonder why the two girls didn't go to the bank for a loan. Was blatant free advertising too.

The bin cover is not something I'd buy but a lot of 'Declan decklanders' will and fair play to Gavin Duffy for putting some cash into it.

I personally think one or two of the Dragons seem to be a bit low on cash as they are very slow to invest and only then with small amounts of cash (6k). Newman didn't invest last year but she was all over the guy who wanted €10k to develop the handbag light thingy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭ocokev

Just did a bit of searching on the internet.

Huggy Bloom Enterprises are the company running the pregnancy and baby fair and were funded by the Dragons.

There is no date set for May in Swords?

There are 2 dates set for October 9th and 10th in the RDS.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Ammonite

Just me or does the fake hedge look worse then the bin....well summed up by Sean

I thought that as well. I was surprised that they didn't rip into it as I thought it looked awful.

The synthetic "hedge" looked ridiculous. Surely if you live in the country like I do, the bin is around the back anyway and isn't that much of an eyesore, besides it's sitting on the patio so you wouldn't have a hedge around it anyway. Same applies to many city houses.

As for the rest of the inventions..

Wasn't impressed by the baby fair thing. I didn't find it all that interesting and felt that maybe the Dragons were investing for the sake of it.

Felt the surfer guy should have got more screen time, would like to have heard more about his business.

Michael, the guy with the Sinn drink, seemed like a bit of a character. Knew he wouldn't get an investment but it was entertaining to watch.

Was surprised that they didn't mention how overpriced the health "snack" was either. €1.99 for a tiny piece of brown stuff.

Poor show last night I thought, didn't enjoy it much compared to other weeks.

I think Gavin is the best dragon. He seems to have a bit more bite than the rest and is willing to take a punt on someone. Sarah should never have been invited back, don't know one person who likes her. I'm actually liking Niall and Bobby more than I did last year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

http://www.cro.ie/search/ListSubDocs.aspx?id=478038&type=C

We must keep an eye on their return due on 27th May and see if the dragons are listed as shareholders.

Advertisement