Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good LC result

Options
  • 08-04-2010 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

What would you consider a good/decent LC result? For example - I'm aiming for 475 points, but I'd consider 350 and above a good score to get.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Ronan Keating

Whatever you think is good enough yourself. No one will care in a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

360 could be 6 or more honours so that's well good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

It really depends n the person as 400 could be a brillaint result for some, but a disappointing result for others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 fuzzel

I'm aiming for 5 As and 2 Bs to meet my ucas offer. That's unfortunatly a minimum of 530 points XD.
    I reckon anything over 400 is pretty decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭lc2010

This thread is stupid!! There is no benchmark for a good lc result. It all depends on yourself and your capabilities. If you have worked your ass off for the last two years and get 300 points, I believe you have done better than the person who gets 450 but has the potential for 550+, as even though that person can say they got 450, they still can't say they got the best result possible for themselves and deep down they know this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Zephyr91

It is not the thread that is stupid, little boy, it is you for not getting the point of it.

As I said in the OP - I am aiming for 475, I am capable of 475, but I'd consider 360+ a good score to get...for anybody. I'm not talking about me or one specific person here.

Zephyr91 wrote: »
    It is not the thread that is stupid, little boy, it is you for not getting the point of it.

As I said in the OP - I am aiming for 475, I am capable of 475, but I'd consider 360+ a good score to get...for anybody. I'm not talking about me or one specific person here.
    Well if that is the case, what about some of the people who really do work hard and get 300 points. Is this a bad result then?

You see, you, little boy, are missing my point. You cannot describe any result in the LC as good or bad without dealing with the specific people who get these grades. The same grade may be brilliant for one person and terrible for another.

*sigh* If a person who normally gets As in Biology get's a B1 - does that make a B1 a bad grade to get? No, it's still a heck of a good grade, regardless of what the person normally gets.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭orangetictac

http://www2.cao.ie/app_scoring/points_stats/LC09PTS.pdf

That might help.

seems like 330 is around average

Look let's take 475, for ME that would be a very bad result but for YOU that is a good result. Whether the result is good or bad depends on who gets it!

• Advertisement

Thank you. I'm not normally this snippy, just when people call one of my threads stupid I become defensive.

EDIT: @lc2010 - I'm not discussing this anymore. Goodbye.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Whatever you think is good enough yourself. No one will care in a few years.

Years? Make that a few weeks after you get your results.

But it de[ends pn the person doesn't it? For me, I thought over 500 was good, but for someone else, over 300 might be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

A good result is anything that gets you where you want to go. It doesn't matter if you got 500 points, if it doesn't get you on to your course then you're going to think of yourself as having failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Good results are relative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

As people have already said, it depends primarily on the person. For example, I was disappointed with my results last year, and most other people thought they were good. Totally relative, and if you don't get the points you need for your course, any number is disappointing enough tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Liveit

For me, if I get the points for my course its good, if I don't.... then well its bad

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

Euphoria is 580+
    Astonishing is 550+
    Excellent is 500+
    Good is 400+
    Average is 300+

I hope to get in the excellent category, but i need to start putting the work in:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Couldn't care if I get 5 points, as long as I get on my course :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭AllInOne

Yeah if I don't get my course I'll just be utterly disappointed :( But there's no way I'm repeating...I could not put myself through this again!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Zephyr91 wrote: »
    lc2010 wrote: »
    You see, you, little boy, are missing my point.
    Tbh, you're both acting like little boys today.

If you want to compare measurements, please do it elsewhere.
    Fad wrote: »
    Good results are relative.
    ^^ This.

/end of

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement