Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Intervarsities Track and Field 2010

• 08-04-2010 11:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

So two weeks tomorrow until IV's 2010 kick off on the newly lined Santry. Should be a great weekend. I hope for the sake of the competition that DCU don't walk all over everything as they usually do!

Should be some good races with it being most athletes first outdoor trek this year...I'm thinking the mens 100m will be a great race with Colvert(10.65) and Phelan(10.84) from UCD, Dean Adams of UUJ (I think) and Chris Russell (10.65) of DCU presumably. I would imagine the battle for second place in the 400m will be tight if Gregan is running it (?). If not, it should be a fairly good race with a few guys close to and under 50 seconds - likes of Jason Harvey, Dara Kervick, Eoin Mulhall, Barry Upton.

Any other good races?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭t4k30

All eye's will be on the 100 and 400 i'd say. Although it'll be interesting to see Ciara Everard in the womens 800m and Richard Owens of UCD in the mens 800m !
    My moneys is on Eoin Mulhall for 400m if Gregan isn't running !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 lacticsmygame

Who's Ciara Everard running for? I wonder will any names be in the 200's, mens and women? I think if money was to go on anyone for the 400 it would have to Harvey as he has ran high 48 indoor this season already but will certainly be an interesting one....again only if there is no Brian Gregan who would surely walk away with it otherwise.

Leevale Open is this weekend, too...should be a good opening meet for alot of athletes and a nice welcome to the outdoor season. I eagerly await results! icon10.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Who's Ciara Everard running for? I wonder will any names be in the 200's, mens and women? I think if money was to go on anyone for the 400 it would have to Harvey as he has ran high 48 indoor this season already but will certainly be an interesting one....again only if there is no Brian Gregan who would surely walk away with it otherwise.

Leevale Open is this weekend, too...should be a good opening meet for alot of athletes and a nice welcome to the outdoor season. I eagerly await results! icon10.gif

She with UCD this year. I think 5 k could be interesting depending on how Mulhare and O Neill are running. According to blogs Mulhare is in some good training with what is developing into a nice little group of runners down in Limerick (Chamney, Mulhare, Tuohy, Reale and young McCarthy (i think))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭woodchopper

ecoli wrote: »
    She with UCD this year. I think 5 k could be interesting depending on how Mulhare and O Neill are running. According to blogs Mulhare is in some good training with what is developing into a nice little group of runners down in Limerick (Chamney, Mulhare, Tuohy, Reale and young McCarthy (i think))

Doubt Mulhare will be running since he is only coming back from injury didnt run Inter varsity cross because of it. O Neill will walk the 5k while the 1500 meter is anyone's guess.

The 100m is wide open, if you look at the Leevale results from Sunday. The 100m will defo be the race to watch !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Man_bear_pig

men's 1500m, 400m and 100m should be the ones to watch. everything else will be fairly predictable. the relays could be very interesting as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 live_fast13

t4k30 wrote: »
    The 100m is wide open, if you look at the Leevale results from Sunday. The 100m will defo be the race to watch !

Well said icon12.gif Colvert will be hard to beat if he is in good form

My money would be on Dean Adams !!
    How could he not win !
    22260_1263689844362_1593217579_603348_4081132_n.jpg

Intervarsities tomorrow !!
    Woop !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 live_fast13

What does that mean?? :P ^ ^ ^ ^

• Advertisement
Advertisement