Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Texaco... What a Rip Off

Options
  • 08-04-2010 11:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Was in Texaco Yesterday and I bought a small Mars bar which in other shops might cost around 50c not even that but in Texaco in cost 1.50c??????? I dont think he made a mistake as he scanned the barcode and 1.50c came up. Is it just me that thinks this is a rip off or would you agree?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,601 ✭✭✭✭kippy

S.A.D.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Don't give up the day job, as funny as piles

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

What the **** was that bid all about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Yawn

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I'm confused :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

I'm confused :confused:

.com lol?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

paddy140 wrote: »
    Is it just me that thinks this is a rip off or would you agree?
    You willingly paid the price and I presume the bar was the correct size and in date, therefore no problem and no ripoff.

If you know a shop selling mars bars for 50cent then post it in bargain alerts, since that is a remarkably good price for a single bar (not mulitpack).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

Was in Texaco Yesterday and I bought a small Mars bar which in other shops might cost around 50c not even that but in Texaco in cost 1.50c??????? I dont think he made a mistake as he scanned the barcode and 1.50c came up. Is it just me that thinks this is a rip off or would you agree?

As far as I know Texaco sell petrol & diesel. They don't sell mars bars.

Possibly a local independent garage whose fuel pumps are branded Texaco sold you a mars bar for 1.50, but it wasn't Texaco as they don't have any retail operations in Ireland, only independent garages that buy their fuel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Complete rip off but what more do you expect from these garages.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭cute_cow

Its really only a rip off if you paid for it.

Did you pay for it, or say, here bud, i'm not paying €1.50 for a mars bar when you can get 5 for €2.00 in most €2 shops.

there in lies the problem of high prices!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I think your prices are way out. Please tell me where you can get a mars bar in a shop for 50c. It would seem I AM GETTING RIPPED OFF. Mars seem to be charging me more than that wholesale.

PLEASE pm me where you saw it for 50c. I will go down and buy loads of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭billybigunz

Its really only a rip off if you paid for it.

Can this sort of reply be banned from this forum. Plut it in the charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭cute_cow

Can this sort of reply be banned from this forum. Plut it in the charter.

Why? If something I want/need is too expensive, I don't buy it and come on here to complain, I go somewhere else and get it cheaper.

It's the truth. Far too many people come on here to complain they have been ripped off, but let's face it, if you didn't purchase it, you can't be ripped You can go somehwhere else and purchase it at a lesser cost. Prices in Dublin/Ireland are high because people continued to pay the money for them, it's only when the bad times hit did people realise the value of money and copped on (somewhat).

By all means come here and inform people that you have seen high prices, but don't complain about the cost when you have already completed the transaction. It's fairly easy to turn to the person at the checkout and say, sorry I am not paying that much for it, if more people did it, shops etc may have to lower prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

I have no problem with telling a cashier I don't want something if I see it scan at a different price to what was on the shelf, or if the price is ridiculously high where there was no indication of the price, even though there should always be (Mars should be about 90c - €1, I'd have thought).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I have no problem with telling a cashier I don't want something if I see it scan at a different price to what was on the shelf, or if the price is ridiculously high where there was no indication of the price, even though there should always be (Mars should be about 90c - €1, I'd have thought).

Thats about right. I charge 90c

Advertisement