Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco credit card pay online?

Options
  • 08-04-2010 11:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

I recently got a Tesco credit card, does anyone know the bank sort code and account number that I need in order to pay it off through internet banking. Also, is it possible to check the balance online yet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,651 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Nephew wrote: »
    I recently got a Tesco credit card, does anyone know the bank sort code and account number that I need in order to pay it off through internet banking. Also, is it possible to check the balance online yet.

Your credit card statement should have a BIC/IBAN on it, the IBAN contain the account number

Who's online Banking are you using, AIB just ask for the credit card number.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

I've had trouble in the past with the sort code/account number printed on the statement for online payments - they always bounced back after a few days

After talking to Tesco, I was told to use 900973/73678330.

I dont recall if this is the current number on the statement, but it currently works as I used it recently

And no, there's no online service yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

Thanks guys.

Tesco told me to use 900973 00000000 with the credit card number as the reference code.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭jimoc

So very tempted to post my own IBAN code here just to see how many people pay their CC balance into my account instead :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

Nephew wrote: »
    Thanks guys.

Tesco told me to use 900973 00000000 with the credit card number as the reference code.
    homer911 wrote: »
    I've had trouble in the past with the sort code/account number printed on the statement for online payments - they always bounced back after a few days

After talking to Tesco, I was told to use 900973/73678330.

These are the details I got from them today aswell - 900973/73678330 and place your Credit Card Number as the Reference code.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭positron

Sorry for digging up slightly old thread, but .. I tried making a payment towards Tesco Card from NIB online banking using 900973 00000000 with the credit card number as the reference code (it was advised to me by Tesco) and it came back a week later saying 'CANT APPLY;

When I contacted Tesco,they said they can't take money from Euro Debit card or something, and that I should go into my NIB branch and try from there.

I rang NIB and they can't understand why Tesco wouldn't take the eBanking payment, and they can't see any difference between eBanking and going into their branch to do this transfer!

Now that I see two different account numbers mentioned here, I am wondering if one is for North/UK, and the other for the republic? Anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭positron

Quick update ( :o )

Called Tesco again and explained the scenario / fiasco, and they gave me the other account number - 73678330. Apparently the 00000000 doesn't always work, and this is the backup. They could have told me that earlier! Numpties!

Off I go to try this new acc number!

Advertisement