Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent allowance query

Options
  • 09-04-2010 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭

hi folks, quick question, i'm living in rented accomodation but have not got my rent allowance sorted yet. i am unemployed since before i moved in so just want to know will my rent allowance be back dated to when i first moved in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,364 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It will probably start from when you moved in or when you claimed, whichever is later.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

well you cant clain rent allowance unless your in the rented accomadation for 6 months so I would suspect that you wont be backdatedf for the first 6 months anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭joannaman

Sorry to go off topic but I'm intending to apply for rent allowance and didn't know that you have to be in the rented accommodation for six months before you are allowed to apply for rent allowance. Is this true?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

You either have to be in private rented accom for 6 months or on a local authority housing list to be in receipt of rent allowance.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭joannaman

I have been in a different rented accommodation to the one I'm intending to claim rent allowance for now, so does that suffice or do I have to be in my current accommodation for six months?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,364 ✭✭✭✭Victor

joannaman wrote: »
    I have been in a different rented accommodation to the one I'm intending to claim rent allowance for now, so does that suffice or do I have to be in my current accommodation for six months?
    It should be OK, but check.

Advertisement