Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Godspeed You! Black Emperor to curate ATP - Dec 2010!!!!

Options
  • 09-04-2010 12:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭

I am very excited. :D

http://www.atpfestival.com/newsview/1004082209.php

The Nightmare Before Christmas curated by
    GODSPEED YOU! BLACK EMPEROR, 3rd - 5th December 2010

To conclude our yearlong celebrations of 10 Years of ATP, we are thrilled to be able to announce GODSPEED YOU! BLACK EMPEROR as curators of our Weekend 1 Nightmare Before Christmas festival this December.

ATP Founder Barry Hogan: "Godspeed performed at the Bowlie Weekender as well as at some of our early ATP festivals, and so we are very proud to have one of our favourite bands back after a long break to conclude our 10th anniversary along with Bowlie 2."

The festival weekend will run from the 3rd-5th December at Butlins Holiday Centre, Minehead featuring around 40 bands picked by Godspeed You! Black Emperor, who will also perform.

The first set of line-up additions are:

GODSPEED YOU! BLACK EMPEROR
    BARDO POND
    THE EX
    DEERHOOF
    TIM HECKER
    MIKE WATT (Minutemen, fIREHOSE, Stooges)
    SCOUT NIBLETT

Oh yeah - tickets go on sale tomorrow morning (April 9th).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Hopefully they get Grant Hart on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭useded

I thought there'd be way more excitement over this! I would be tempted to fly over, I'll see about it closer to the gig..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I'd much prefer to see them on their own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

useded wrote: »
    I thought there'd be way more excitement over this!

As did I. I enjoy ATP anyways though so am definitely going to it. (a bed! a shower! a fridge! Yay!)
    Kold wrote: »

Always prefer seeing a band headlining their own show alright but ATP is a great festival so unless they're going to do their own tour too I'll settle for this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭fincollins

Kold wrote: »

theyr playing every night of it tho...:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Aridstarling

They are doing a tour, a small one around Europe and then 9 shows in America. Its on the press release.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭flynnduism

Really like the look of this ATP.

Unless all the bands I want to see (Emeralds, Godspeed... Bardo Pond etc) are doing Irish dates I think I'll try and get across to it.

Aer Lingus sale at the mo means flights to Cardiff are currently €57 return

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Guys what are they like live? Videos I've seen don't do them justice. Wondering more in terms of the set they do , do they play smaller sections of longer songs for example dead flag blues or rockets?

calex71 wrote: »
    Guys what are they like live? Videos I've seen don't do them justice. Wondering more in terms of the set they do , do they play smaller sections of longer songs for example dead flag blues or rockets?

Saw them live in the Ambassador about 8 years ago - they were incredibly good. Really great show throughout - not a lot of audience interaction or that but simply wonderful music.

flynnduism wrote: »
    Really like the look of this ATP.

Unless all the bands I want to see (Emeralds, Godspeed... Bardo Pond etc) are doing Irish dates I think I'll try and get across to it.

Aer Lingus sale at the mo means flights to Cardiff are currently €57 return

Ryanair to Bristol is a few quid more expensive but it's easier getting from there to Minehead. We normally hire a bus that takes us there and back on the Monday for roughly 10-15 pounds each.

I'll probably put up details about the bus nearer the date if anyone's interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

For those wondering discussion of the upcoming Godspeed Tripod gig has been moved to its own thread:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055949840

Advertisement