Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proposal to merge Kilkenny City and Kilkenny County Forums

Options
  • 09-04-2010 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

Due to very low traffic on Kilkenny County forum I think it should merge with Kilkenny City forum. I believe that there is support for this from both forums.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

Both Kilkenny city and county agree on this, I use the city forum alot but harldly ever use the county forum, it makes sense.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I believe that there is support for this from both forums.

If you haven't already done this then it's probably best to let the forum mods know about this thread (sully and the others....)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Makes sence tbh.

I dont understand why Kilkenny city would have a forum of its own. Perhaps the traffic / demand warrented it at one point

Mind you, being from athlone its awkward visiting the westmeath forums, because we constantly get posts from muck savages from mullingar trying to find the best Agri store to buy Maroon raddle for their ram during the All Ireland season..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

This could be a prickly topic for discussion...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Ponster wrote: »
    If you haven't already done this then it's probably best to let the forum mods know about this thread (sully and the others....)

Thread was started in the Kilkenny City forum but apparently we not allowed to discuss it there and thread was locked!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I have no issues with it at all. It was discussed for Waterford ages ago also.

County forums, at least in the South East, are just not busy. May as well just merge them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Sully wrote: »
    I have no issues with it at all. It was discussed for Waterford ages ago also.

County forums, at least in the South East, are just not busy. May as well just merge them.

Merge 'em all, a Kilkenny/Waterford Forum would be a big hit with the Waterford City users. :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Adyx wrote: »
    Merge 'em all, a Kilkenny/Waterford Forum would be a big hit with the Waterford City users. :D

Well Google Maps does say Waterford is in County Kilkenny so we should follow Google :p

Nah seriously, the removing of the City part of the Kilkenny forum name will only serve to get Waterford users on their high horses and we'll have to contend with on and off rantings about Kilkenny not being a city for the future until the forum would be renamed back.

Personally I say leave it as it is, broadband coverage will improve which will mean more users which will mean the forums will be fine as they are.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

EKRIUQ wrote: »
    Thread was started in the Kilkenny City forum but apparently we not allowed to discuss it there and thread was locked!

That's normal. What needs to be done is ask the Kilkenny mods, in both forums, to create a sticky pointing to this thread until the matter is dealt one way or another. That way you get regulars of each forum to decide on the future rather than random feedback lurkers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Personally, I'd like this to be debated on the Kilkenny forum(s) again rather than in here. Or failing that, a link be made to this thread. It's linked to in the Kilkenny county forum but not in the city one. I'm not sure everyone who voted/viewed the original thread know this is here. Just my tuppence ha'penny worth :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement