Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing StaffX Pup

Options
  • 09-04-2010 1:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

my pup has gone missing in mountmellick road area answers to name prince. More than likely hes been nicked cos back yard is secure am putting pic up if anyone sees him please contact me or the cops they have my details thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭adser53

Thats awful shiv, i hope you get the little guy back! You should post up in the animals & pets section and on the forum on irishdogs.ie they can be a great help. I really hope you get him back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Don't forget the Dog Warden http://www.laois.ie/EnvironmentandWater/AnimalWelfare/DogWardenScheme/ Give him a description and photo.

Also the http://lspca.webs.com/

Put stolen posters up absolutely everywhere and keep it up. If he's been nicked then you need to make it difficult for whoever has him. Contact all vets in the area too and put a poster up in their surgeries. I would also take a look in Lake Glen, Knockmay and all the estates along the way. Post a few flyers.

Best of luck, hope you get him back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭miss5

I'm very sorry, Will definetly keep an eye out.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭shivkk06

hi thanks i never got email to say i had messages .....he was robbed from back yard but i got him back and luckily was at home today when i caught 2 others tryin to rob him

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Little Miss!

jeez that's a disgrace, u must've been heart broken, so glad u got him back, what part of the mountmellick road if u don't mind me asking?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭contentking

shivkk06 wrote: »
    hi thanks i never got email to say i had messages .....he was robbed from back yard but i got him back and luckily was at home today when i caught 2 others tryin to rob him

How did you get him back?
    And I hope you gave the other 2 a good hidin' !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Scan Man

Toulouse wrote: »
    Put stolen posters up absolutely everywhere and keep it up. If he's been nicked then you need to make it difficult for whoever has him. Contact all vets in the area too and put a poster up in their surgeries. I would also take a look in Lake Glen, Knockmay and all the estates along the way. Post a few flyers.

I'm not trying to be difficult, but must remind people here that these "missing dog" posters (and all a lot of other posters/flyers not advertising events) are illegal and count as litter under the Protection of the Environment Act 2003 unless you have the written permission of the owner of the pole or other structure in advance of putting up the posters/signs and requires that a poster/ad must carry the name and address of the person:

(i) Who is promoting or arranging an event being advertised or,
    (ii) In any other case, on whose behalf the article (advert) is being displayed.

A way around this, as many businesses do, is to place posters (that don't advertise an event) up over the weekend and take them down before Monday morning before the Litter Warden begins work.

I'm not saying to be obtuse, but rather to save people who may not be aware of the laws, a large fine in some cases (one particular "missing dog" poster has been up six months). Door to Door leafleting is legal in all cases, as is handing out flyers in public areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭enviro

I think the OP would be more concerned with finding her dog than some litter fine.
    I for one would gladly take the fine, if the offence of putting up the posters led to the safe return of my missing dog.

Advertisement