Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'this is Greece, not Ireland, we'll fight back'

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

dr gonzo wrote: »
    The Greeks can **** off, at least Ireland doesnt have a history of rampant child abuse...oh wait...

That's neither here nor there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Damn Greeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

m@cc@ wrote: »
    That's neither here nor there.

More here than there really.

Hank_Jones wrote: »

What makes you say that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Hank_Jones wrote: »
    I was going to say both have a long proud history in that area. :pac:

• Advertisement

Nevore wrote: »
    I was going to say both have a long proud history in that area. :pac:

Moronic doesn't quite cover this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Apparently this is what the protesters were chanting in Athens at a rally...

http://thestory.ie/2010/02/11/greece-and-ireland/

more like "this is greece not ireland, we rather send out country down the tubes than do what's needed!"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

feckin greeks, they invented gayness

We perfected it.

We're not sitting on the couch or lying on our backs. We're down on our haunches with our asses in the air asking for it. The greeks are right, the world is right and I'm guilty of not protesting. It really brings it home when another country says something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Nulty wrote: »
    We perfected it.

We're not sitting on the couch or lying on our backs. We're down on our haunches with our asses in the air asking for it. The greeks are right, the world is right and I'm guilty of not protesting. It really brings it home when another country says something like that.

i don't understand what they expect to achieve other than worsening their situation

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6371R820100408

We perfected it.

What exactly do you propose protesting against and what do you hope to achieve?

• Advertisement

TBH the people I blame for this are the FF voters. I will live and die by the notion that re-electing an Irish government is suicide. They get stupider the longer they're in office. Protesting shows that we take notice and actually care. It puts the leaders under pressure. It's a hell of a lot better than turning the the person next to you and saying "This is awful ****, isn't it!"

i don't understand what they expect to achieve other than worsening their situation

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6371R820100408

Your talking about their situation, not ours. And by the way you phrased that statement, it's almost as if your saying the protests have increased Greeces debt.

TBH the people I blame for this are the FF voters. I will live and die by the notion that re-electing an Irish government is suicide. They get stupider the longer they're in office. Protesting shows that we take notice and actually care. It puts the leaders under pressure. It's a hell of a lot better than turning the the person next to you and saying "This is awful ****, isn't it!"

So are you protesting against FF or FF voters? The best way to protest is at the ballot box. Anything else is futile in comparison.
    And by the way you phrased that statement, it's almost as if your saying the protests have increased Greeces debt.

Every day the Greeks resist measures to sort their shit out, their debt increases. Basic finance there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Your talking about their situation, not ours. And by the way you phrased that statement, it's almost as if your saying the protests have increased Greeces debt.

Actually protesting will negatively influence their debt. They will be seen as less stable and investors will rate them as a higher risk. So that will lead to higher amounts for them to pay back.

But enough of that gheyness...I wish we had Spartan women. A little bit of female perfection and nudity would make my days go a little faster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

I propose we hold a topless protest at the inequality of mean being allowed to be topless and women also being allowed to go topless but choosing not to. Erm....achieve ? What is this achieve ?

I propose we hold a topless protest at the inequality of mean being allowed to be topless and women also being allowed to go topless but choosing not to. Erm....achieve ? What is this achieve ?

Je suis désolé. Parlez vous Anglais?

The banksters for running up such dedts and their lackies in government for making us pay for their mistakes.

Hope to achieve a change in the NAMA rules that force the banksters to repay all the money they have been given, before the current system collapses completly! :eek:

The banksters for running up such dedts and their lackies in government for making us pay for their mistakes.

You are aware the if the government hadn't propped up the banks, the situation would have been much worse?

You are aware the if the government hadn't propped up the banks, the situation would have been much worse?

I am! But my main complaint is the fact that we are giving them the money not lending it!

I am! But my main complaint is the fact that we are giving them the money not lending it!

I would doubt that the money is being 'given' away without strings attached. I would suspect that there will be a much greater level on interference and monitoring in banking in the future. I would hope anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

Back on topic...

Arn't we part of the group bailing Greece out? I mean, **** em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

They said that about us? To Hellas with them! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Greece a lot more ****ed than we are. So they've let it get to this stage and haven't done anything. So nyah.

you know the majority of Ireland will use that excuse forever.."oh but THEY'RE worse off"
    pretty fúcking sad tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

SV wrote: »
    you know the majority of Ireland will use that excuse forever.."oh but THEY'RE worse off"
    pretty fúcking sad tbh.

Excuse for what?

Fuhrer wrote: »
    Excuse for what?

excuse for never doing anything and sitting back..sorry, rather bending over and taking everything they're given.

SV wrote: »
    excuse for never doing anything and sitting back..sorry, rather bending over and taking everything they're given.

And what do suggest we do?

Armed up-rising?

What are you doing?

Except bending over and taking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

Armed up-rising?

What are you doing?

Giving out on the Internet! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,251 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Wasn't that story from back in Febuary. Greece really looks in a bad state the last few days

KingLoser wrote: »
    Giving out on the Internet! :pac:

Want to sign my internet petition?

Or are you just going to lay down and take it from the man!

Lets go send someone an email and update our blogs!

• Advertisement

Armed up-rising?

What are you doing?

lol, I don't care what ye do. I just think it's funny..slightly annoying but..funny.

I don't have to bend over and take it ;)

Advertisement