Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'this is Greece, not Ireland, we'll fight back'

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

SV wrote: »
    lol, I don't care what ye do. I just think it's funny..slightly annoying but..funny.

I don't have to bend over and take it ;)

Find what funny and annoying?

Ive only skim read this thread but I havent heard any suggesting we were doing fine because the Greeks were doing worse then us.

Someone said they should get some perspective because they are in a bad financial position then you came charging in about people bending over and taking it and not doing anything.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

more like "this is greece not ireland, we rather send out country down the tubes than do what's needed!"
    Ireland was send down the tubes. At no stage did the politicians or banks volunteer to disclose any information on how bad things were. Instead they delayed and stalled and let the mess get bigger. This started in 2008, it's now 2010 and people can't plan how to sort things out because they are still waiting for the other shoe to drop. People are saving like crazy an reducing spending because they have no certainty that things here won't get worse when the government/banks announce yet another few billion needed that was known about in 2008 and still hasn't been disclosed.

As for banks not securing assets on loans, if it happened more than once then IMHO that's fraud.

I can remember when the banks pulled all the loans to farmers, we've been here before , nothing was learnt and nothing will be learnt unless the people at the top do jail time. If there is no down side to greed / psychopathic behaviour then it will continue.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

feckin greeks, they invented gayness
    They've got their backs to the wall now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Fuhrer wrote: »
    Find what funny and annoying?

Ive only skim read this thread but I havent heard any suggesting we were doing fine because the Greeks were doing worse then us.

Someone said they should get some perspective because they are in a bad financial position then you came charging in about people bending over and taking it and not doing anything.

Find it funny yet annoying that it's complained about yet nothing is done and it's implied that just because other countries are doing worse that Ireland is fine.

And what do suggest we do?

Armed up-rising?
    They tried that in 1916 and look where are now :p

• Advertisement

implied that just because other countries are doing worse that Ireland is fine.

Its not even remotely alluded to in this thread.

Maybe it is in the swirling cacophpany of screaming voices that make up your mind but not anywhere in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Whatever happened to working your way out of the problem? Really, all this talk of strikes and protests is just annoying. Greek people have a terrible attitude to work and isn't their retirement age ludicrously early?

We're not much better here. I work close to the Social Welfare office on Kings Inns street and that's been shut several times, taxi's have made striking an obsession, the health profession, teachers..... strike strike strike.

Just knuckle down, get on with your work and resolve the problem. Striking is for idiots.

Greek people have a terrible attitude to work and isn't their retirement age ludicrously early?.

Their police also shoot children who talk back to them.

Its not even remotely alluded to in this thread.

Maybe it is in the swirling cacophpany of screaming voices that make up your mind but not anywhere in this thread.

erm, yes it is.

reeks of
    "Isn't greece wore off than us?"
    "yes but they're in a worse situation than we are"

oh lol.
    well if you have to resort to those kind of comments ;)
    enjoy taking it!

erm, yes it is.

reeks of
    "Isn't greece wore off than us?"
    "yes but they're in a worse situation than we are"

oh lol.
    well if you have to resort to those kind of comments ;)
    enjoy taking it!

Have you even read the thread title?

ITs right there, Greeks are rioting saying that they have it bad but they arent as bad as us. They clearly are far worse.

Do you need to have everything explained to you?

• Advertisement

Have you even read the thread title?

ITs right there, Greeks are rioting saying that they have it bad but they arent as bad as us. They clearly are far worse.

Do you need to have everything explained to you?

bolded part there, sure you're not contradicting yourself completely?
    they have it bad but they're not as bad as us but they are far worse? what?

and eh by the thread title it would appear to say "This is Greece, we're not going to sit back and take all the **** that's fed to us like Ireland does"
    the comments replying would appear to echo that/

bolded part there, sure you're not contradicting yourself completely?
    No im not you complete and utter simpleton.

How does pointing out the FACT that they in a worse economic situation then us say that im just sitting back and taking it, or bending over and taking it or whatever disturbingly rapish metaphor you want to use?

No im not you complete and utter simpleton.

How does pointing out the FACT that they in a worse economic situation then us say that im just sitting back and taking it, or bending over and taking it or whatever disturbingly rapish metaphor you want to use?

hahaha, yeah..READ what you said.
    saying they're NOT as bad as us and then saying they're WORSE than us is contradicting yourself.
    I think I understand what you're trying to say but jesus..to say it was worded terribly is an understatement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

If they put as much effort into working as they did protestin' they wouldn't be in this situation, would they??

Lots of Irish people put in a hell of an effort working, it didn't stop FF screwing us up, did it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

Greeks are rioting saying that they have it bad but they arent as bad as us.
    Last time I checked, his username was Fuhrer, not Greeks.

saying they're NOT as bad as us and then saying they're WORSE than us is contradicting yourself.

Oh good god, you are intentionally stupid, arent you?

The point I made and its clear to anyone with half a brain is that THE GREEKS think they arent as bad as us. This however is patently untrue, facts show they are in a much worse position. This is what I said, clearly. Why I have to repeat such a simple and straight forward point and explain it to someone who isnt a 5 year old is quite worrying.

What the greek protestors are saying probably is valid. However, a little bit of me resents being judged in such a sweeping way.

It was a small minority of crooks that got Ireland into this mess, not me or you or any other Joe Soap. 'Fighting back', what does that even mean? I don't want to strike, and I don't want to riot either. I'm just hoping that someone somewhere knows what they're doing...

Oh good god, you are intentionally stupid, arent you?

The point I made and its clear to anyone with half a brain is that THE GREEKS think they arent as bad as us. This however is patently untrue, facts show they are in a much worse position. This is what I said, clearly. Why I have to repeat such a simple and straight forward point and explain it to someone who isnt a 5 year old is quite worrying.

You said that clearly did you?
    Wonders why I'd confuse it with someone else then..don't suppose you'd ever do that would you?

weird, oh well, least I don't have to lower myself to insults/ ;)

You said that clearly did you?
    Wonders why I'd confuse it with someone else then..don't suppose you'd ever do that would you?

weird, oh well, least I don't have to lower myself to insults/ ;)

Yes, I said it clearly. Thats why everyone else was able to so easily read and understand it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Amhran Nua

Instead they delayed and stalled and let the mess get bigger.
    And guess what, they're still doing that today.

The massive and insupportable taxes that the Publican Party's government policy will need, based on the deficit, interest payments on our loans, and that thrice damned NAMA yoke, won't be forced upon the country for at least three years, by which time Lenny and the lads will have retired on a very nice ministerial pension.

This is the hard mathematical reality.

Once those real taxes and cuts kick in, just watch and see the protestors lining the streets. Until it hits people in their own pockets, they won't raise a finger, never mind their voices.

Oh but sure as long as the fences keep getting fixed and the potholes filled, people will still feel as if they have done something positive. Theres no connection between their TD and the loonies in the Dáil.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭gonnaplayrugby

GO ON GREECE :D my great grandparents were both greek lol

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

They look like dorks!

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭flynnlives

Reading this thread is laughable! There is some seriously deluded people in this country. Ireland will be in a way worse state then Greece in the next coming years, just wait and see.

Its already begining:
    anyone notice the rise in petrol? soon prices of goods and services will rise too and then inflation!

To tackle inflation the ECB will then raise interest rates and then we are screwed, the banks are anticipating this so they have already started to slowly increase there own rates;bank of ireland interest rate rise next friday! another 80e per month on a typical mortgage.

Not to mention the 300,000 surplus houses!

The massive mortgage default on the horizon!

Oh and dont forget the 1/2 million on the dole!

The 40 billion of your money going into zombie banks!

SCAMA!

AH! sure what odds! at least where not like dem idiots in greece!!:rolleyes:

This country is a nation of sheep.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭conorhal

you've misinterpreted it... Greece are saying that they are not like the Irish, who appear to be taking things lying down, complacently etc. not living up to the legendary status that we have of being 'the fighting Irish'

I get that, but the Greeks IMHO are behaving like the Black Knight in Monty Python and the Holy Grail:

King Arthur: A scratch? Your arm's off.
    Black Knight: No it isn't.
    King Arthur: What's that, then?
    Black Knight: I]after a pause[/I I've had worse.
    King Arthur: You liar.
    Black Knight: Come on ya pansy.
    King Arthur: I]after Arthur's cut off both of the Black Knight's arms[/I Look, you stupid Bastard. You've got no arms left.
    Black Knight: Yes I have.
    King Arthur: *Look*!
    Black Knight: It's just a flesh wound.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 83,033 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Apparently this is what the protesters were chanting in Athens at a rally...

http://thestory.ie/2010/02/11/greece-and-ireland/
    :D you got served. Admit it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

flynnlives wrote: »
    Reading this thread is laughable!.

hey there mystic meg can you give me an extact date on when this all happens so i can be on a beach in gran canaria watching the riots and bloodshed on my tv ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

Overheal wrote: »
    :D you got served. Admit it.

Ive just looked up 'got served' in the urban dictionary, and it means to be shown up... in which case, Im sorry but I don't understand you. How have I been shown up:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

GO ON GREECE :D my great grandparents were both greek lol

You only had 2 great grandparents?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

You only had 2 great grandparents?

They were a close family .... too close.

• Advertisement
Advertisement