Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incident in The Yellow House

• 09-04-2010 3:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭

I was on the way into work last night (Thursday) at about 23:20 and as I passed The Yellow House, there was a small army of Gardaí there. Two or three squad cars and a paddy wagon. Probably 8 to 10 Gardaí who seemed to be standing in a line blocking the door or something. There was a small group of lads and girls sitting on the little wall by the car park and as I drove on there were a few lads walking through the forecourt of the garage that looked like they had been moved along.

Did anyone hear what happened? Must have been serious enough to have that many Gardaí there.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 RichSlick

They were selling Large Cider for only €2 a bottle!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Given the venue I'm sure the guards were called to oversee the fine family fun going on.

Prob the only pub in town I haven't had a pint incidently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

ziedth wrote: »
    Given the venue I'm sure the guards were called to oversee the fine family fun going on.

Prob the only pub in town I haven't had a pint incidently.

We must put that to rights at once - venue for the next Beers decided. :D

I'm sure there aren't many here that frequent the establishment but someone might have heard about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Looks the kind of place that if it were in the sticks wouldn't have been out of place in American Werewolf in London.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

There was a fight outside the pub but the Guards were only across in Maxol anyway so were quickly on the scene. Thats all I heard anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

3374392038_b4251e5575.jpg?v=0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

nkay1985 wrote: »
    I was on the way into work last night (Thursday) at about 23:20 and as I passed The Yellow House, there was a small army of Gardaí there. Two or three squad cars and a paddy wagon. Probably 8 to 10 Gardaí who seemed to be standing in a line blocking the door or something. There was a small group of lads and girls sitting on the little wall by the car park and as I drove on there were a few lads walking through the forecourt of the garage that looked like they had been moved along.

Did anyone hear what happened? Must have been serious enough to have that many Gardaí there.

A local lad died and his funeral was yesterday (thursday) or day before dont know if can give his name but some may know him , was drug overdose in flat in town ,anyway all the crowd he hung around with went drinking after funeral lot of them well known to gardai , they were kicked out of the glass earlier by cops so they went to yellow house then and it all kicked off, i also passed by seen them with tops off so must of bein a fight , good load of cops turned up....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

jo06555 wrote: »
    A local lad died and his funeral was yesterday (thursday) or day before dont know if can give his name but some may know him , was drug overdose in flat in town ,anyway all the crowd he hung around with went drinking after funeral lot of them well known to gardai , they were kicked out of the glass earlier by cops so they went to yellow house then and it all kicked off, i also passed by seen them with tops off so must of bein a fight , good load of cops turned up....

That, unfortunately, sounds more than plausible.

Advertisement