Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CHEAP CIGARETTES !!!!

Options
  • 09-04-2010 4:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

HI ,,LIKE MANY OF U IM A SMOKER ,,,AND IM SICK OF PAYING 8 EUROS FOR A BOX OF SMOKES !!:) ANYWAY ,,,RECENTLY ,,TRAVELLING I NOTICED THAT THE NEW PERSONAL LIMIT FOR NUMBER OF CIGARETTES ONE CAN LEGALLY PURCHASE IN OTHER COUNTRIES IS 3000 ,,,,STUPIDLY I DIDNT BRING ENOUGH CASH WITH ME TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE FULL ALLOWANCE AND RETURNED TO DUBLIN TO CONTINUE PAYING F**KIN 8 EUROS PER PACKET ,,,SOOOO,,,AS FAR AS I CAN SEE,, ANYONE WHO SMOKES /DOES NOT SMOKE IS LEGALLY ENTITLED TO BRING 3000 CIGARETTES WITH THEM WHEN THEY TRAVEL ,,,,THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF GUYS LIKE ME STUCK ON THIS ISLAND WHO DONT HAVE ACCESS TO CIGARETTES AT THIS PRICE ,,,,,SO THERE IS ROOM HERE FOR A LITTLE GIVE AND TAKE ,,,,,,,,,BOTH SMOKERS AND NON SMOKERS CAN PROFIT FROM THIS ,,,:D,,,,,I CREATED A FORUM FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE CIGARETTES TO SELL TO MEET PEOPLE WHO WANT TO BUY ,,,,THIS IS COMPLETELY LEGAL AND AN OPPORTUNITY FOR SMOKERS TO BUY AT A REDUCED COST AND FOR ANYONE WHO IS COMING BACK FROM THEIR HOLIDAYS TO MAKE A NICE PROFIT ,,,,,,THIS IS NOT A BUSINESS,,,JUST A CHANCE FOR US ALL TO REFUSE THE RIDICULOUS TAXES THIS CRAZY GOVERNMENT PUT ON PRODUCTS ,,,AND AN OPPORTUNITY FOR HAPPY TRAVELLERS TO MAKE A FEW QUID WHEN YOU RETURN FROM UR HOLIDAYS ,,,,THE FORUM IS FREE TO JOIN,,,,I JUST STARTED IT YESTERDAY SO SELLERS OF CIGARETTES AND BUYERS OF CIGARETTES PLEASE MAKE YOUR WAY TO .......... <snip> AGAIN ,,THIS IS NOT A SCAM , AND I AM NOT A BUSINESSMAN ,,,I JUST WANT CHEAP FAGS !!! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Calm down on the caps man. Cheap smokes would be nice. Alright. Im sure your plan might be a tad illegal. Might be wrong though.

Such great news, you just gotta shout it

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭padz

anyone who buys illegal cigs is a muppet or a scab, plus they taste like muck, its a fact that cig companys mix the cigs differently for different markets, so for example in spain the english/irish cigs taste like muck,ull prob find the locals usually smoke camel or lucky strike or fortuna or some other brand over there,

i buy rolling tobacco during the week, a 4.50 pack (that will do me atleast 2days) and at the weekend if im having a few tins i buy a box or 2 of smokes and make em last d whole wkend, yeah its too expensive for fags but im happy that whilst im killing myself im giving some tax back, and plus if they were cheap wed all be on 40 a day&i dont think that would be good, i do think the cost does stop people from smoking, id gladly pay a tenner for cigs and no im not loaded but i do also pay a tenner for and pack of beer and another tenner for a chinese so 30euro &thats ur nite in with a dvd:)

the thing that pisses me off is that they got rid of the box tens, it reely dosent help and it makes it more difficult to cut down, i was on ten a day now if i was buyin 20every day im sure theyd be smoked, the rollies are good they give u more nicotine and u dont smoke as much id say i smoke about 10 of them a day, it seams everyones smokin rollies these days:) mite upgrade to a pipe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 irishbusker2010

sorry about the caps ,,,,im not great with computers ,:D
    so ,,,in response to legality issues ,,not really ,,,in theory ,,,u are entitled to 3000 smokes AS LONG AS IT IS FOR PERSONAL USE ,,,,and most smokers would easily buy 3000 smokes for personal use ,,had i been aware of that limit i wud defo have brought enuff cash to buy that many ,,,,,but unfortunately i didnt know ,,,,,the last time when i had travelled ,,it was to a country that only allowed u bring back one carton !!:(
    so ,,,,for example ,,any non- smoker could very easily pick up a carton or two on his holidays and bring them back and make a nice profit ,,,thats not illegal ,,,in fact its just simply taking advantage of the fact that you have been abroad where there are reasonable prices on commodities ,,,nothing illegal about it ,,,,it would be illegal if someone brought over the required limit ,,or if someone broke duty rules ,,,,,,,but if i choose to buy 1000 cigarettes on my next holiday and some guy offers me money for them ,,,i havent broke any laws ,,no doubt ,,,some official may try to invent a new law to counteract this shud it work ,,but as far as i can see for now ,,it is within the rules of legality ,,,,,and just simply there is no place where buyers and sellers can meet ,,,,the good thing about it too ,,would be that any " regular joe " can simply buy a few cartons on his hols ,,,,,it doesnt have to be an " illegal smuggler " or something like that ,,,,,,,,,,,again im open to being corrected ,,,but as far as i can see it seems illegal cos there has never been a situation before where if 100 guys on a plane brought even 1 carton each ,,there is room there for every one of them to sell each carton to 100 buyers ,,,the result being 200 happy folk !!!:) who knows ,,,,if some legal expert wants to come and inform me of how im wrong ,,then ill gladly remove the forum ,,,but for now it stays !:) thanks for the response anyway ,,,i hope this works ,,it wud be nice to NOT be getting f******ked by the recession for a change!:D

im not advocating right or wrong here ,,,,if someone is happy to pay 5 times the price for a product they can get in any other country for a reasonable price ,,,,then fair play ,,,i however do not ,,,,i have the same habit i had while living in other countries ,,i paid tax in other countries ,,i have no problem paying tax ,,i have no problem " supporting " my people ,,my government ,,,,but WITHIN REASON ,,,,,and i see no reason to be FLEECED , thats my take on it ,,others will disagree ,,of course ,,,and everyone is entitled to their opinion ,,as i am ,,mine ,,,no one has to sign up to the forum .<snip>

but those who do might benefit from providing something at a fair price and making themselves a little pocket money ,,,,,of course there are gonna be others out there who think something like this is encouraging smokers and that im " evil " for wanting to do that ,,,,,,but thats how life goes isnt it ,,,im not here to talk politics or morality ,,,,like i said in my first post ,,,i just want cheaper smokes ,,,if its legal of course ( Mr Taxman !!!:D)

• Advertisement

irishtimes.com - Last Updated: Thursday, March 4, 2010, 15:52
    Tobacco pricing 'breaches EU law'

European court rules that Irish practice of fixing minimum retail prices distorts competition
    Related
    ICS seeks €1 hike for cigarettes | 12/11/2009
    Tobacco prices distort competition | 22/10/2009
    State faces EU action over cigarettes | 18/12/2006
    EC to sue Ireland over minimum cigarette price | 10/04/2006
    Ash 'extremely concerned' by EU ruling | 04/03/2010
    Recession forces cocaine gangs to move into the booming illegal cigarette market | 22/02/2010
    The cigarette smuggling centre of Europe | 20/02/2010
    External
    European Court of Justice
    The Irish Times takes no responsibility for the content
    or availability of other websites
    ARTHUR BEESLEY, European Correspondent

The EU’s highest court has ruled that Irish legislation which empowers the Government to fix a minimum price for cigarettes violates European law.

In a judgment handed down today, the European Court of Justice found that Ireland breached a directive which sets down rules governing the calculation of excise duty on tobacco products.

The case dates back several years, a period in which requests by the European Commission for information from Dublin sometimes went unheeded.

SOOOOOOOOOOOO,,,,, as far as i can see ,,,,any LEGALITY issues ,,pertain to cigarettes smuggled illegally into the country ,,,,ie,,,,,,some guy goes with a van and buys 1000000 smokes abroad to flog em here ,,,,,,,,this is ILLEGAL ,,,,,,but one individual man/woman buying 3000 smokes DUTY PAID IN THAT COUNTRY ,,,is working within the bounds of the law ,,,,,in fact if u follow the article above it seems the only person who was breaking any laws at all was the Irish Government !!!( tut tut tut :))

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭lau1247

sorry about the caps ,,,,im not great with computers ,:D
    so ,,,in response to legality issues ,,not really ,,,in theory ,,,u are entitled to 3000 smokes AS LONG AS IT IS FOR PERSONAL USE

I might be wrong here but selling it on is not considered personal use any longer. It's more of a business transaction then because obviously no one will go through the hassle of buying 3000 cigs abroad and then come back only to sell it at cost price, that's just stupid.

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭fransdev

just joined your forum :D

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Off topic... the space bar is just below the comma on your keyboard. It would help your posting if you use it.

As has been mentioned, selling cigarettes, regardless of why or who to, is trading. Not personal use. So its breaking the law. People do it, but its quietly, under the radar. Setting up a web forum to advertise that youre doing this is pretty stupid imo, as your sticking your head out and asking to be targeted for doing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

If you sell the cigarettes to someone else, then it's not for personal use anymore.

Thread closed and links removed.

dudara

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement