Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Considering UPC 30mb Connection???

• 09-04-2010 5:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Long story short as I am about to head off to work.

I have mobile broadband, it does not suit my needs at all. Thinking of giving UPC a spin on the 30mb connection.

I have read poor things of them in the past. Any recent subscribers? Experiences?

Have they upped thier game? Service reliability? How the technology works as opposed to the DSL? (had a quick check but still unsure of the technology, reliability wise..)

Please discuss.

Sorry if this sounds a bit rushed and somewhat gibberish. I will tidy it up later...gotta run

Thanks all

John

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I've had it for the past 4 or 5 months. I find it excellent. It slows down a bit at peak times but still very fast. Only problems I've had are with the modem/router, it's a pile of crap. I may be sorting that by bridging my modem to a seperate router and using that for all the routing.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭johnc24

Just out of curiosity I have my old bt voyager from BT. Would I be better off using that instead of the UPC one they will provide?

Writing from iPhone, apologies for poor English and any errors.

John

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

That old voyager won't work.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

johnc24 wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity I have my old bt voyager from BT. Would I be better off using that instead of the UPC one they will provide?

Writing from iPhone, apologies for poor English and any errors.

John

BT Voyager won't work because its an ADSL modem and UPC is cable for starters,

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭johnc24

Cabaal wrote: »
    BT Voyager won't work because its an ADSL modem and UPC is cable for starters,

bearing in mind I started this thread at 5am, my common sense was still sleeping!

Is the one UPC provide that bad? Can an alternative be purchased maybe?

• Advertisement
Advertisement