Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nursing in prison

Options
  • 09-04-2010 8:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

i see from boards that there is nursing jobs within the prison service, i am really interested in working such job, however i would like to know all the usual stuff, ie, hours, shift pattern, role of nurse etc, is there anybody/ anywhere i could quiz someone on the job. thx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭medic780

behan29 wrote: »
    i see from boards that there is nursing jobs within the prison service, i am really interested in working such job, however i would like to know all the usual stuff, ie, hours, shift pattern, role of nurse etc, is there anybody/ anywhere i could quiz someone on the job. thx
    Have no info on these jobs but take a look at www.publicjobs.ie it's advertised there and you should get alot of info from there

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭behan29

thank you very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 irishfella3

Hi there I dont work as a nurse but work in M/Joy you work 5 days one week 3 the next working every second weekend do 360 hours overtime a year...Shift work doing at least 7 nights in a 20 wk period...Mainly handing out medication looking after prisoners if they get into fights or stabbed which happens a bit...To tell you the truth I feel more at risk in the mater as there are more ex prisoners in there

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭behan29

ideally i only did nursing when i left school to go and be a prison officer,but i have lived in ireland for nearly 3 years and in that 3 years its being nothing be embargos etc, i will probably apply for the nursing but would rather be a prison officer, thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 irishfella3

I know anybody I trained with that went onto nursing had previously worked in hospitals or CMO...A good way to get interest going in reserve gardai as they will see that as a plus...Numbers are low in prison officers but replacing slower I applied and dint get the job for 2-3 yrs...Best of luck to you

• Advertisement
Advertisement