Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin to Holyhead

Options
  • 09-04-2010 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

How ye lads :)

Right getting the boat from Dublin to Holyhead for €30 tomorrow. Getting the train up from Galway just wondering does anyone have any ideas how you get from the train station to Holyhead? & how much it costs...Thanks

(Sorry if in the wrong section)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Swirls

Since it's a Saturday I don't think the 90 bus is running to Tara St. so....

I'd get a Luas from Heuston to Connolly Station.

At Connolly Station I'd get a DART to Dun Laoghaire (I'm assuming that's where you meant).

There is also a bus option but I reckon the above is an easier route.

I think the Luas is about €1.50. And the Dart is about €2.30.

Enjoy yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Vic_08

He said Dublin so I'd assume that's what he meant not Dun Laoghaire.

Dublin Bus run a service to connect with all Irish Ferries sailings which runs from Busaras.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/Ferry-Connections/

Stena Line run a service from Westmoreland Street to connect with their departures.

http://www.stenaline.ie/ferry/latest-sailing-information/dublin-port-holyhead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

Vic_08 wrote: »
    He said Dublin so I'd assume that's what he meant not Dun Laoghaire.

OP said 'train station to Holyhead', hence the confusion.

Not all LUAS from Hueston go to Connolly. Some (2 out of 3 I think) go from Busaras straight over to the IFSC on the way to the Point Depot. If getting the DART, get off at Busaras, then cross the road (Amiens Street ?) to Connolly station.

Advertisement