Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Meteor PAYG plan free Meteor txt and internet (250MB)

Options
  • 09-04-2010 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭

Just saw this go up on the website :
    13135.png

Here is the full details on the plan http://www.meteor.ie/plans/pay_as_you_go/#plans-tab

13136.png

What do you think ?? 250MB a month doesn't seem a lot if even if you only do light browsing 8MB a day...

But still a good start for meteor.
    Added a poll for internet usage on your phone

How much would you download on your phone a month? 42 votes

150-250MB
    0% 0 votes
    250-350MB
    57% 24 votes
    350-450MB
    9% 4 votes
    450-550MB
    7% 3 votes
    Greater than 550MB
    26% 11 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Swirls

Well I never really used more than 8mb (of the 50mb you get if you use the internet for one day for 99c) in one day but then I'd only be checking email etc. Either way it is a good start and hopefully the others will follow:).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

I think this has merit. I only use phone internet when away from home, 250Mb month would do the trick fine. Lots of people would like to use the internet sporadicially rather than using a lot every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

If only it was free any network texts:rolleyes: I'd be porting!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭muffinhead

jwcurtin wrote: »
    If only it was free any network texts:rolleyes: I'd be porting!:D

If you combine this app (http://www.cabbagetexter.com/cabbagemobile.php) with the free webtexts and internet then you could send 300 texts per month to any network for free on this Meteor tariff.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

You'd ideally need to use something like Opera for web page compression. I think the front page of the full Boards.ie comes down as a half MB.

• Advertisement

muffinhead wrote: »
    If you combine this app (http://www.cabbagetexter.com/cabbagemobile.php) with the free webtexts and internet then you could send 300 texts per month to any network for free on this Meteor tariff.

Thanks muffinhead but i'm currently sending about 1000-3000 texts a month!!!!:D Soooo i'd be well done for!!!:cool:

You'd ideally need to use something like Opera for web page compression. I think the front page of the full Boards.ie comes down as a half MB.

76KB on Opera Mini!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Any page on m.boards.ie comes down as 3kb, some of the massively long threads come as 7KB.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

250mb is enough they would want to double it at least if not again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

250megs is plenty for your average user. Not for your typical techie, but for 90% of people who just use facebook, email and soccer scores etc, it's the finest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

It's a good offer alright. Now if only they could sort out their diabolical network I'd switch back over!

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭muffinhead

jwcurtin wrote: »
    Thanks muffinhead but i'm currently sending about 1000-3000 texts a month!!!!:D Soooo i'd be well done for!!!:cool:

Holy shizzle :eek: ! Do you have bionic thumbs :D ?

muffinhead wrote: »
    Holy shizzle :eek: ! Do you have bionic thumbs :D ?

No, i'm just you're average teen!!!:D I know people who send 5000-10000 texts a month!!!!! No joke but just imagine if free (unlimited) texts hadn't been invented!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Kensington wrote: »
    It's a good offer alright. Now if only they could sort out their diabolical network I'd switch back over!
    Not to mention their even worse customer service that you have to deal with when their diabolical network screws you up.

Nice price plan though. Hopefully other networks will follow suit shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

Im on bill with Meteor but am out of contract. Am thinking of moving to PAYG as my bills seems to be higher when all I do it txt. Can I move to this new PAYG the Free Internet and Free Meteor to MEteor txt from bill pay???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

I have an Iphone 3g on meteor is anyone else using this deal? all I would use it for is face book, email. I would use everything else on wifi would this be ok for me or would I be over the monthly limit?How do I sign up cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

great progress here in terms of data being free. networks are trying to get everyone onto the network bandwagon with all the new phones coming out and i'm loving it.

Just tried to sign up there by text it came back sorry you cannot opt-in to free browse and texts for life at this time?? Has anyone with an Iphone signed up for this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

i've split the talk of the three offer to here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055879035

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

I do wonder how we can track our usage. I'd rather use a shortcode than rely on my handset's internal tracker- after all, if any queries exist, meteor would trust their systems, not mine.

I used to avail of *#105# when on the 99c per day data allowance, but I don't think this works on the offer.

(Signed up to the offer thirty minutes ago; confirmation text not received.)

Yeah, which is quite silly. And, I can't even find the access to it on the MyMeteor portal. There's definitely no way you can check it out on the move. If I remember correctly, hitting the MyMeteor website on your handset redirects to a WAP site, mostly for ringtones. I don't even think the balance option is there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Can you not txt data balance to 50104 to Check ?

Can you not txt data balance to 50104 to Check ?
    Nope.

"Sorry. Your message was not recognised. Please see www.meteor.ie for more information".

Again, still can't find data allowance on mymeteor.ie. Only call history.

(Screenshot of MyMeteor; advertising and personal details removed.)

2z65gkw.jpg

Did anyone find a way to cheak out there data balance yet?

Nope; sadly.
    I've a feeling they might con us on the usage.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

fox007 wrote: »
    Did anyone find a way to cheak out there data balance yet?
    Text "balance data" to 50104

I use it all the time, but i'm on bill pay so I dunno if it's the same.

• Advertisement

Text "balance data" to 50104

I use it all the time, but i'm on bill pay so I dunno if it's the same.
    It doesn't work, sadly.

Advertisement