Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Meteor PAYG plan free Meteor txt and internet (250MB)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Your phone should keep a log of that data

I'm thinking of switching to this plan, i signed up for free metoer txts years ago on the anytime plan..

just wondering...

will i still get the montly free credit? think its like 3eu once i top up with 20

and any different charges/costs on the other calls/txts to other networks or is it all the same? ...right now ive free meteor>metoer txts, so why not add the internet on for free, that would be the only difference if i switched right?

i used 8mb of data online the last 30 days! ...im always using the phones gps checking mails Im's on the go figured id just add the internet option on

also im going away to asia in a fe weeks, the roaming charges are all the same on payg regardless of the different plans?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

It doesn't work, sadly.

*#105# to check your usage, is that what you're looking for?

edit: it's probably not, sorry, this one only allows you to check your daily limits with the 50mb a day thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Text "balance data" to 50104

I use it all the time, but i'm on bill pay so I dunno if it's the same.

No joy 2b0fef6d.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

fox007 wrote: »
    No joy 2b0fef6d.jpg

Must be a bill pay only service then :(

I'll try and ask on the Meteor forums and see if I can get a number for you guys.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Go here: http://cabbagetexter.com/balance.htm

Type in your phone number and password and hit go.

Save the second page as a bookmark and go straight to it whenever you want to check

I'm on bill pay so the PAYG page might not be exactly the same and it might not work. If it doesn't work could someone save the first page after you log in and send it to me?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

"Failed" is the message I got after trying.

You'd think Meteor had this down by now, like, they should really have thought through a way to check. I've a feeling they rushed this, as another network are starting to do likewise.

"Failed" is the message I got after trying.

You'd think Meteor had this down by now, like, they should really have thought through a way to check. I've a feeling they rushed this, as another network are starting to do likewise.

Could you save the page you get after you log in (assuming you can see the data balance on it) and email it to cabbagetexting[at]gmail.com? You should cut out any personal info though, I just need the part that displays the balance

thx for the reply there seems to be no changes in charges from the old anytime plan to the new metoer txts + free internet, lately im pretty much spending most credit on the internet charges I'll make the switch later today i think, only thing ill lose is the 3eu a month, but thats hardly any biggie, thats the only difference i can find from switching

• Advertisement

Lads this is a bit of a joke 3 pages to try figure out your data usage?has anyone one checked this out yet please tell the rest of us how to.

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    Could you save the page you get after you log in (assuming you can see the data balance on it) and email it to cabbagetexting[at]gmail.com? You should cut out any personal info though, I just need the part that displays the balance
    No message appeared on screen at all, bar standard text saying "failed".

You could just check mymeteor.ie ....

Yeah, that's a way around it, only it takes a lot of effort searching through the pages to get the final total, which is in KB and is not listed as your free inclusive data.

You could just check mymeteor.ie ....

When ya log in to my meteor.ie where is the option to check data usage? I can't seem to find it

Yeah, that's a way around it, only it takes a lot of effort searching through the pages to get the final total, which is in KB and is not listed as your free inclusive data.
    Save the page as a bookmark!

When I use #*105# I get 8ba565e2.jpg

Save the page as a bookmark!
    But, as said, it doesn't give exact details of what data it is. For example, if you begun the plan this month, as I did, you are getting a mixture of last months paid for data and this months free data. You cannot determine the difference between the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Clean up on aisle 5 :pac:

what the hell is going on tonight

• Advertisement

No message appeared on screen at all, bar standard text saying "failed".

I dont mean on the page I linked you to, I mean the page where you can see your data usage on the meteor website. If it's not on the page you see immediately after you log in could you send me the address of the page where you see it too?

Tbh the handiest thing would be if someone would let me use their login for a few minutes. And change it afterwards of course

Davy wrote: »
    Clean up on aisle 5 :pac:

what the hell is going on tonight

I just felt like posting it 5 times :P

edit: and then deleting them all so no one has any idea what you're talking about :pac:

im making the move to the internet offer tomorrow, my 2004 plan is done diddley done forrrrrrrrrrrr

and *#105# works for me, same message as above :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

I've been on this free 250mb internet and text offer for about two months now. I've used at least 500mb per month and they've not taken the extra out of my balance (and I've been watching it closely).

So I think:

They've no way of letting us see how much of our monthly 250mb limit we have left, because they've no way of seeing it either (sounds strange, I know).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Celestial Deity

Just added the ability to check your Payg data balance. Text 'balance data' to 50104.

Took them long enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

if they only brought it in as an add on. though 250 is ****.

i like going on youtube and on certain times i need to download files so 250 is so small...

obviously if you have a decent web browser with flash on your phone and a big screen phone you wont want to go on crappy mobile website. and you will use more usage.

went over the 50 mb limit a few painfull times to find out my balance was 0.00

Advertisement