Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

service problem

• 09-04-2010 10:42am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭

took the car into the peugeot main dealer yesterday to get a small service. oil and filter and what not. in any case when i came back they said they had actually ran out of oil filters for my hdi and to come back tomorrow and they will replace it. they did everything else and changed the oil. for the inconvience they wont be charging for this service. my question is will it be ok to go back in the end of nect week instead as i cant make it in today

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,470 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

They should have left the oil change til the filter change. That is crazy work tbh.

I would actually go back next week, pay them for the service but tell them to stick fresh oil in again too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

thats madness changing the oil and letting the old filter on. It would have been easier to do nothing until the filter came in. Was it in Cork? there is only one peugeot garage in Cork that would be capable of doing something like that .. nuff said:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 740 ✭✭✭junior_apollo

they wont charge you as a result... pfft.. ya because they did a half-ar$ed job thats why!..

Id bring it back to them and change the filter and tell them you want new oil.
    As said above why would they change the oil and not the filter? I reckon they havent done the oil either and wanna try get away with doing nothing on your car... be very wary... report the incident to a manager/higher up again.

Could get a full service for nothing if you kick up enough fuss about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,470 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

corkcomp wrote: »
    thats madness changing the oil and letting the old filter on. It would have been easier to do nothing until the filter came in. Was it in Cork? there is only one peugeot garage in Cork that would be capable of doing something like that .. nuff said:rolleyes:

Im assuming they drained the oil then realised they didnt have a filter & had no choice but to fill it with new oil. crazy situation though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭crosshair1

This happens, filter missing from stock,
    They should replace the oil again with the new filter with no questions asked
    and at no extra cost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,537 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

crosshair1 wrote: »
    This happens, filter missing from stock,
    They should replace the oil again with the new filter with no questions asked
    and at no extra cost.

Exactly, if the oil is not rechanged the original oil change is a waste of time, oil will already be contaminated from the old filter. What kind of idiots starts changing oil before checking they have a new oil filter in stock to replace it with, especially a main dealer.

You are essentially almost back to square one with the oil change, I suppose seeing as it's free it's better than it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

surely fitting a spurious OE quality filter and informing you of this would have been the thing to do.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

they have new oil put in now. im going back in monday to get the filter changed and oil. they are doing the oil and filter together again. they are not charging for anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Cant argue with that. Sounds like the dealer is trying to work with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

mickdw wrote: »
    Im assuming they drained the oil then realised they didnt have a filter & had no choice but to fill it with new oil. crazy situation though

Ya definitley I see a lot of parts managers are being restricted to the amount of stock they keep latley to keep costs down because of the auld recession. Silly mistake though the op should ask the garage would they wash their feet and put on dirty smelly socks;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

should end up with a nicely washed engine for free at least they told you
    be happy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

they have new oil put in now. im going back in monday to get the filter changed and oil. they are doing the oil and filter together again. they are not charging for anything.

as a matter of interest what model peugeot is it? diesel? a lot of the pugs share the same oil filters so it seems very strange the dealer would be out of stock. if the dealer is located in a town between cork and clonakilty be careful, ive a few horror stories

Advertisement