Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VW polo trade in

• 09-04-2010 10:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I'm thinking about upgrading and I'm looking for some advice on how much I should expect to get if I trade in my 1998 VW polo. The mileage is about 70,000 and the NCT is due at the end of this month.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Depends what you're trading in against.

You might get a better cash discount than what your Polo is worth or you may be able to avail of a scrappage discount.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Expect between 250 - 500 quid against another used car in a second hand dealer and around €1000 against a fresh used car in a main dealer.

On a scrappage deal you can get anything between €3,500 to 7 or 8 grand depending what you are looking at....What are you looking at ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Bud216

I'd like to get another VW polo - maybe 2006 or 2007. I've seen a few 07 polos which look good for about 9-10,000euro but I can't stretch my budget that far. I have about 7,000 to spend so was just wondering what sort of price range I should be looking at with a trade in.

Thanks for your help :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Gophur

I would suggest if you are trading for something like you indicate, you will end up giving your current car away for nothing.

Sell your own car privately, and buy for cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Gophur wrote: »
    I would suggest if you are trading for something like you indicate, you will end up giving your current car away for nothing.

Sell your own car privately, and buy for cash.

I wouldn't be giving it away. If it's running ok it's still worth a few quid as SaabEd said

• Advertisement
Advertisement