Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Someone buy this Man a Pint!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    You are welcome to do that but I specifically mentioned "The SQR" not the Dublin Road.

Is there a bus-lane on SQR road now? I thought it was only planned at this stage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Bosco boy

JustMary wrote: »
    Is there a bus-lane on SQR road now? I thought it was only planned at this stage.

No! its gone, they found a rare snail crossing the road with bog cotton stuck to its arse, they had to rip the road up, think niall spotted it :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Jet packs.

Sure, there would be a high attrition rate while everyone adjusted, but things would smooth out after a while.

/me prepares 'Clear Skies Galway' campaign banner

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Good idea. We could pee off the Greens & the Airshow protesters at the same time !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzemTC_JsGU&feature=player_embedded

Cringeworthy Fianna Fail propaganda but interesting all the same with some City business leaders backing the bypass. The air shots really don't do the nightmare traffic justice either - were clearly filmed at a time when traffic was pretty light. If you use the bird's eye view on Bing Maps you will be able to see the extent of traffic problems on some roads a lot better than the above video.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Frank is spamming again -
    Dear Chris,

Since I first wrote to you about the Galway City Outer Bypass last month, you and hundreds of others have signed our petition to bring this necessary development to our city.

Last week, the Chief Justice agreed to bring forward the hearing against the Bypass. That's real progress in our campaign.

Your participation helped make that happen. Now, I need to ask you to do more.

Galway is the only city in Ireland without a bypass. As a result, the city is congested and journey times are long, business investors and tourists are less likely to come, and there are fewer jobs.

The Galway City Outer Bypass will be more than just a road going around the city. It will be a route toward a better, integrated public transport system in the area and it will be a path toward economic development and a less congested city.

I want us to travel that path together, but we won't be able to until the Bypass clears the courts. That won't happen until we all stand up and say that ten years is too long to wait.

You've already signed our petition, but you can still help Galway realise its potential. Tell your friends to sign our petition now:

http://fiannafail.ie/tellyourfriendstosign

Thank you,

Frank Fahey T.D.

Return address is simply info@fiannafail.ie so you cant actually get back to him.

I'd love to ask him why the approved Eastern half hasnt started yet assuming he wants it so badly?? Wonder why Frank? Is it because you're just pandering for votes and that you havent got the money to build whats been approved?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

I don't think the Chief Justice would be very happy if he know that a politician was suggesting that his judicial decision was influenced by an online petition.

Anyway, I really don't care if Frank claims credit. It seems to be progress.

Good to see Padraig O'Ceidigh putting his weight behind this in the FF video. Very selfless of him, considering that ease if access to (and through) Galway can't do Aer Arann a lot of good.

Is it because you're just pandering for votes and that you havent got the money to build whats been approved?

They won't be any money for a very long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Yup. But if the western section got approved and the whole thing cleared the courts it'll be built under a toll-less PPP. That said they could farm the eastern section out to a PPP tomorrow if they wanted and build the western section with government funds, say.

How does the PP get it's money without a toll ?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

This is on the Infrastructure website and refers to Galway. It's from galwaynews.ie

"SUPREME COURT REFERS BYPASS DISPUTE TO EUROPE

June 3, 2010 - 3:14pm
    The legal battle over the outer city bypass has been referred to Europe.

The Supreme Court has agreed with lawyers for the State and environmentalist Peter Sweetman that clarification should be sought from the European Court of Justice.

The five judges announced their decision at lunchtime."

So serial troublemaker/crank/ne'er do well Sweetman has f**ked up things for another while for Galway.

On a bright note, it's actually positive that this is going to Europe at an early date. It should mean that all the legal possibilities for delay are closed off as soon as possible.

Now if only Sweetman, O'Brolchain, the Galway Labour Councillors, Hands Across the Corrib and all their fellow small minded, miserable, negative fellow travellers could be sent off somewhere far away like Europe on a permanent basis. Then Galway could go ahead with being developed for its people, and for the people who could be welcomed in future, if we're allowed to build a modern sustainable infrastructure.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Where's the money going to come from though?

The council is broke, the government is broke.

That's my worry about the scheme, especially as the proposed land for the bypass is very expensive.

Advertisement