Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dell 640m laptop with Windows 7 - Screen flickering

• 09-04-2010 11:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

An annoying problem has started on my laptop. Over the past few days, every so often the screen flickers.

Its happening around every 3 or 4 mins and it seems to involve the whole screen because the browser and windows bar at the bottom flicker at the same time. It only lasts a fraction of a second but it catches your attention every time if you're reading something or concentrating on the screen.

I've done a system restore, and its still happening.
    I've also run malwarebytes, adaware, spybot, and MS Security Essentials and all are clear.

Could it be a problem between the older laptop and the newer windows updates?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Boot into the bios setup and let it sit there for a while... if it still flickers you've 100% ruled out software problems.
    Doesn't sound like software anyway, I'd say it's the backlight on the way out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Boot into the bios setup and let it sit there for a while... if it still flickers you've 100% ruled out software problems.
    Doesn't sound like software anyway, I'd say it's the backlight on the way out.

I've just stared at it waiting for it to happen. Best way to give yourself a headache.

The best way I can describe it is as if everything shifts 4mm to the left and back again, but in less than 1/4 of a second. Its not as if the screen switches off and back on again..

I'll boot into the bios now and give that a shot.

Advertisement