Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photo Slideshow on CD/DVD

• 09-04-2010 11:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've been tasked with doing a photo slideshow type thing for a show. It will be played on a laptop and operated by people who will have limited computer know-how. So I was thinking I'd like it as an .exe file that will auto run once they stick the disk in.

So, my question is: what is the best software to use for something like this? Any ideas welcome!

Cheers,
    BM

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

ProShow will do what you are looking for. You can download a trial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭boogie man

Ballyman wrote: »
    Sounds perfect! Thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Picasa is a free download and will make a slide show too, super program.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

PhotoStory is another option

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭stunt_penguin

I can third the proshow nomination - it works really well and if you don't go crazy with the effects (please, please don't!) then it should work pretty well.#
    Edit : you will also be able to create a video file etc from the slideshow, so it's handy for putting it up on vimeo, or even on DVD for other purposes; I made these slideshows entirely in Proshow:

http://vimeo.com/channels/98629

The Kyoto one is probably best :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

IrFanView lets you create slideshows and (I think) save them as EXE files. It's free, too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Another +1 for ProShow.

If you're on a very tight budget then Windows Movie Maker will do the job for free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 savitashri

Hi, i use Photo MovieTheater to help me do that job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

Ballyman wrote: »

Wont it have a banner at the bottom saying trial??

Advertisement