Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Insurance Renewal reminder.

• 09-04-2010 11:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭

My son's insurance is due for renewal on the 21 apr. so far he has heard nothing from his broker.

i thought insurance companies were legally obliged to issue renewal notice 30 days prior to policy expiry.

Am I correct in this?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

14 days IIRC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭stimpson

From the financial regulators website:
    You must renew your car insurance each year. Your
    insurance company must make sure you get a renewal
    notice at least 15 working days before your policy ends.
    The renewal notice must contain details of any no-claims
    discount you have, so that you have a chance to shop
    around before you renew.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Should really have renewal notification and price by now.

Delay is more likely with the broker than the insurer - call them.

Get some alternate quotes anyhow, that way when you receive the renewal notice you can make a quick decision.

Crowd my Dad is with claim they sent his out but he never recieved it, give them a ring :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,012 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

snowman707 wrote: »
    i thought insurance companies were legally obliged to issue renewal notice
    They are but they are not responsible for delivering it. It may be lying in a sorting office or in the back of a post van etc.

Could you son not simply pick up the 'phone and call them?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

thebiglad wrote: »
    Should really have renewal notification and price by now.

Delay is more likely with the broker than the insurer - call them.

Get some alternate quotes anyhow, that way when you receive the renewal notice you can make a quick decision.
    he got a couple of on line quotes and he nearly freaked out, so hope fully the broker will be a little better,
    They are but they are not responsible for delivering it. It may be lying in a sorting office or in the back of a post van etc.

Could you son not simply pick up the 'phone and call them?

he could ,

Thanks to all for advise,

online quotes varied from €600 to 950 over his present price.

he is 18, full license and driving my old primera 2.2 diesel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

I always find on line quotes more for some reason as opposed to ringing or calling in to your local broker.

Advertisement