Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Gears 3 April 2011

• 09-04-2010 12:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭

Somebody accidentaly released an advertisement onto Xbox Live this morning.

Someone forgot to tell someone that Cliffy B's appearance on Jimmy Fallon got canceled :rolleyes:

500x_ashgears.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Should be good. Everyone knew it was gonna happen but an expected date is nice.

I bet they put in a female COG character like in the books.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Female Character does make sense because of the comics but I hope shes a super Badass and not some love interest for Marcus.....lame. Also rumors of vehicle combat, Mech suits and underwater fights doing the rounds on the interwebs this morning.

The female COG character in Aspho Fields is a pretty badass, sniper mainly. They'll end up looking like butch lesbians with a tech fetish though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

Id say it will be the redheaded female cog scout from the comics
    Finally there is a date on when its comming out:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Ah, great to see this announced. Looking forward to this :D.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

"The epic story concludes......" lol yeah right, how many more halo games have there been and will there be :D

M$ knows a cash cow when it see's one :D

Looking forward to this though purely for the single player , multi player has no interest for me after the last 2 games.

The last games multiplayer was so damn broken!!

Interesting to see what they do with Horde though, best thing about the last game. Also 4 player co op is a must for the single player.

RAIN wrote: »
    The last games multiplayer was so damn broken!!

Interesting to see what they do with Horde though, best thing about the last game. Also 4 player co op is a must for the single player.

Did you not find that horde was incredibly repeditive even more so then the online multiplayer leg fest that usually is Gears of war 2

Dont get me wrong I love the game and still play the multiplayer but I can't stand playing horde anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Was hoping it would be a bit sooner than that.
    That's a whole year away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

As for the female love interest for Marcus, would it not be the commander woman, not a notion what her name is but at the end of GoW2 her and Marcus are looking at each other from their helicopters.

• Advertisement

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    As for the female love interest for Marcus, would it not be the commander woman, not a notion what her name is but at the end of GoW2 her and Marcus are looking at each other from their helicopters.

Her name is Anya and if anything she would be his love interest.
    This new female cog character would just be another grunt nothin special well other then being a female cog on the frontline

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

I hope they bring back the multiplayer from gears 1 the multiplayer in number 2 was ****e!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Reckoner91

quinnd6 wrote: »
    Was hoping it would be a bit sooner than that.
    That's a whole year away.

I was hoping for November 7th, because GOW1 was released Nov. 7th 2006, GOW2 was released Nov 7th 2008....and now it's 2010 and it's going to be April '11? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Reckoner91 wrote: »
    I was hoping for November 7th, because GOW1 was released Nov. 7th 2006, GOW2 was released Nov 7th 2008....and now it's 2010 and it's going to be April '11? :(

Release dates are well out of whack these days, going by current speculation though this puts Gears 3, Arkham Asylum 2 and Dead Space 2 all in the first few months of 2011, awesome! Now if those final year exams could just do themselves that'd be lovely!

Incase you haven't seen it, posted the full Jimmy Fallon interview-here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

niallon wrote: »
    Release dates are well out of whack these days, going by current speculation though this puts Gears 3, Arkham Asylum 2 and Dead Space 2 all in the first few months of 2011, awesome! Now if those final year exams could just do themselves that'd be lovely!

A company's fiscal year begins in April, this is why you're seeing a lot of big titles coming out next month which conceivably could've been Xmas hits but avoided MW2 (Splinter Cell, Alan Wake, Red Dead). I think Microsoft didn't want any competition between Halo Reach and Gears 3 this Winter and delayed it for that very reason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Incase you haven't seen it, posted the full Jimmy Fallon interview-here

So the video showsed the usual 4 COGs and a new female COG...
    and presumably a fresh Carmine corpse along the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Must finish GeOW1..

So the video showsed the usual 4 COGs and a new female COG...
    and presumably a fresh Carmine corpse along the way.

Thats about it :rolleyes: oh and Marcus is using a double shotty, not to mention the new enemies....they don't seem to be glowing like the
    ones in Gears 2 though
    . All very confusing.

Marcus is using a double shotty

How the hell did you notice that? Had to watch it back and pause it there.
    I was joking about the Carmine thing, I am looking forward to this.

I really liked GOW1. The gameplay was great and the story was small but sufficient. Its actually the only game I was interested in replaying on higher difficulty settings.
    GOW2 on the other hand... I enjoyed it because I love the gameplay but as Yatzee mentioned in his Zero Punctuation review, the story smelled of "design by committee."

• Advertisement

How the hell did you notice that? Had to watch it back and pause it there.

Cliffy B mentions it on Jimmy Fallon, there's no way I would have noticed the shotty. I loved the first game, played it through 4 times with different people. 2nd games campaign was good at the time but on reflection it was a mess. The ambiguous story of the first game was better. Also it really did look like an advert for the unreal engine and the last few boss battles were a little stupid.

I enjoyed Horde the most, played with 3 or more friends it was a lot of fun. Multiplayer was all sorts of broken though.

Some "screenshots" have been released (stills from the video)

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=242514

Domonic looks like he aged a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

A company's fiscal year begins in April, this is why you're seeing a lot of big titles coming out next month which conceivably could've been Xmas hits but avoided MW2 (Splinter Cell, Alan Wake, Red Dead). I think Microsoft didn't want any competition between Halo Reach and Gears 3 this Winter and delayed it for that very reason
    Most probably the reason. Super Street Fighter IV was originally down for the end March, but got pushed back to the end of April for this very reason. The game has been finished and good to go for over a month now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Well info I have gleaned from some news sites:

-4 player co-op in the story (makes this a day 1 purchase for me)
    -new enemy "faction", The Lambent, so game wil have lots of 3 way fights
    -from the way the vid goes "The End" at the end I assume its the last in the series and concludes all the characters stories.

overall, cant wait. Gears has always had a muck of a script and quite generic characters but the gameplay has been superb. Wonder how they will improve Horde mode after almost every shooter for the past 2 years has had a version of it??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

First thing I thought after watching the video,wasn't sure it was him the first time I watched it

11 months or so since the last human city fell.
    Thats a long time to not have a shower or shave haha Especially if your fighting constantly Also the fact there is ash everywhere its not grey hair its ash stuck in his hair
    I like the fact that they are using any weapons they can eg.
    Pendulum wars lancer with the knife bayonet and a filthy double barrelled shotgun:D
    Oh and apparently the blonde lady is Anya???
    Damnit the game is finished and the **** are still holding it until 2011 pricks

Evolute wrote: »
    Oh and apparently the blonde lady is Anya???

Yeah Cliffy B confirmed it on his twitter.

Should be a great game. Hope they do competitive horde, 2 teams of 4 against each other and waves of enemies. Utter chaos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,911 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Must finish GeOW1..

To my utter shame i also must finish 1 ...and 2 :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

BE Nice if the multiplayer had guns with bullets in them. The last 2 games sending you off to war with air soft weapons was just so anoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

To my utter shame i also must finish 1 ...and 2 :o
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Gonna replay both now in anticipation but thats some hell of a wait. I can see the early promotion costing them a lot. By the time it comes out something else will have grabbed gamers attention.

Personally I cannot wait but can't believe they will end it. The story moves so slowly that I thought it would go one for 4+ :(

Advertisement