Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What format to get with camcoder

Options
  • 09-04-2010 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭

I am about to buy the Canon fs200 which was recommended here on AAM, just wondering whar format should I go with DVD,SD/SDHC or flash media not sure what that is, any tips, best price seems to be on ebay average around £200

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭sxt

I'd suggest going for a flash based camcorder because they would be much more portable and lighter as no large hardware components,alot less likely to malfunction,hold battery longer etc...You should have all the memory you would need with an appropriate memory card

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I have a Panasonic HDC-SD9 It uses SDHC cards, I got a 16gb card with it and haven't needed another one yet.
    I would like to have 2 16gb cards on hand, and a spare battery.
    For me the flash memory works well, no problem with jumping from shock like DVD camcorders do.
    SDHC is still not that cheap though compared to Compact Flash, but as far as portability goes they are much smaller.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭castle

CJhaughey wrote: »
    I have a Panasonic HDC-SD9 It uses SDHC cards, I got a 16gb card with it and haven't needed another one yet.
    I would like to have 2 16gb cards on hand, and a spare battery.
    For me the flash memory works well, no problem with jumping from shock like DVD camcorders do.
    SDHC is still not that cheap though compared to Compact Flash, but as far as portability goes they are much smaller.

So when I look up the Canon FS200 choose the one that has SDHC/SD card,
    and from there I can put into hard drive on oc or external drive,is this correct, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭sxt

The canon fs200 is a flash memory camcorder that supports SDHC/SD card (which are removable flash memory cards),are you thinking of another Sony model as well?

All your footage will be recorded to these cards and you can transfer the results to your pc or external drive etc by connecting your camcorder via whatever cable comes with the camera

An SDHC card has much bigger capacity and performance than a SD card,I think it ranges from 4 gb capacity to 32gb

blue_sdhc_8gb_hires.jpg

Advertisement