Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to use mobile internet in America?

Options
  • 09-04-2010 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

I'm going to America in the summer with my unlocked iPhone and am cuious what are the best ways to use the mobile internet over there. The €10 per mb Meteor would charge seems a bit OTT.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

Megatron_X wrote: »
    I'm going to America in the summer with my unlocked iPhone and am cuious what are the best ways to use the mobile internet over there. The €10 per mb Meteor would charge seems a bit OTT.

I think this would do the trick. Just Select Which plan and then just select T-Mobile SIM Card
    http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/plans/Cell-Phone-Plans.aspx?catgroup=Internet-Email-cell-phone-plan&WT.z_unav=mst_shop_plans_internet

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

I use AT&T Prepay "Pick your Plan"

$10 for 200MB.

Buy sim card of ebay otherwise you will have to tie your credit card to the account. You can topup with voucher numbers like you do at home here.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Megatron_X

I use AT&T Prepay "Pick your Plan"

$10 for 200MB.

Buy sim card of ebay otherwise you will have to tie your credit card to the account. You can topup with voucher numbers like you do at home here.

On the AT&T website it says it's $19.99 for 100mb, I'm guessing they've changed it? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭jamesd

Get a vodafone PAYG sim, sign up to the 360 package with the iphone and use the Live APN for 39c a day for 100mb per day.
    I used it about a month ago over in the states.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

Megatron_X wrote: »
    On the AT&T website it says it's $19.99 for 100mb, I'm guessing they've changed it? :(

Either that, or I got it wrong :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Megatron_X

jamesd wrote: »
    Get a vodafone PAYG sim, sign up to the 360 package with the iphone and use the Live APN for 39c a day for 100mb per day.
    I used it about a month ago over in the states.

Looks perfect. Thanks.

Edit: Just saw on the Vodafone website there that offer is available 'til June, I'll be going in August. I'm not a Vodafone customer so don't know how they operate, but am I right in thinking that I can go out now, get a sim, sign up, and not use it 'til August?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭jamesd

It needs to be used once you sign up for it or they stop the service, It would be worth asking Paul on the vodaone forum does he think it will continue after June.

Advertisement