Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFH with solid wood floor

Options
  • 09-04-2010 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

<My mistake - sorry mods, can you move this up one level?>

Hi all,

Another question for you all. I'm planning on laying a wooden floor on top of a screed containing underfloor pipes. I gather there are two ways to do this:

1). Glue the floor covering down
    2). Nail it down to battens sunk into the concrete

My engineer is saying (1). is a good option when used with a narrow (or engineered) board, well dried screed and an expensive adhesive. My wife has an issue with (1). being used in a kids bedrooms. For (2). I've found a product which is basically rubber brackets that hold the battens in place, level, at the right height for the finished floor (don't think I can mention the name) and the floor is then poured.

Can anyone give any insight into the pros and cons of either?

Thanks,

Fergus.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭JuniorB

Not sure why this is unders Prices\Costs section but ... have you looked at maybe using wood effect floor tiles? They work better to conduct the heat from underfloor than solid wood. Pros and cons to them too.
    Google wood effect floor tiles for samples. We've priced with one Irish Tile store at around the €25 per sq mt mark.

Advertisement