Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Curry's Blanchardstown "Clearance" Sale

• 09-04-2010 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭

There's a notice in the curry's inside Blanch s.c. saying 50% off clearance sale. Not a huge amount in there - a lot of different kinds of AV cables, but they don't seem brilliant value.

Other things that seemed OK were a pair of Sennheiser 555 headphones at €69 down from €125, one of those Orb iPod docks for about €50 I think, a philips DVD upscaler for half price (can't remember from what tho), a 750 GB USB powered Seagate drive for 75.

A lot of different kinds of headphones and boxes of cables, as I said, but there didn't seem to be any brilliant bargains at a quick glance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

Wudyaquit wrote: »
    There's a notice in the curry's inside Blanch s.c. saying 50% off clearance sale. Not a huge amount in there - a lot of different kinds of AV cables, but they don't seem brilliant value.

Other things that seemed OK were a pair of Sennheiser 555 headphones at €69 down from €125, one of those Orb iPod docks for about €50 I think, a philips DVD upscaler for half price (can't remember from what tho), a 750 GB USB powered Seagate drive for 75.

A lot of different kinds of headphones and boxes of cables, as I said, but there didn't seem to be any brilliant bargains at a quick glance.

which one was it? in sc itself or retail park beside pc world?

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Wudyaquit

Inside in the centre. Wasn't over near the other one so dont know if they're having one....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I think all Currys/PC Worlds are having these clearance sales. The Currys in the same block as PC World have a couple of tables set up. Again, a lot of miscellaneous cables, but they've also a few DS Lites with Nintendogs for €90, and an a couple Lego Indy/Kung Fu Panda/360 controller for €15.

PC World had a table set up with "managers specials" - looked like broken printers and other junk to me...

I think they're just clearing out their stock rooms of anything they've overpriced in the past and not sold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

These "clearance" sales are generally not a good sign to see a company doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭Wossack

pc world, currys, dixons etc have been doing them for years afaik - wouldnt read too much into it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Was in Curry's and PC World earlier and picked up a couple of good bargains..

A TomTom One Leather Case and Strap for €3. Same as this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/TomTom-ONE-Leather-Case-Strap/dp/B000KZRPBM

Remote Control Transmitter and Reciever - these are an absolute godsend. A small infrared control to switch on and off your the device at the mains. Already have one and picked up another 2. A euro each. Same as these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/SMJ-energy-saving-transmitter-control/dp/B002Q0I2CA/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=kitchen&qid=1271001800&sr=8-4

They had a good offer on an Archos dock that allowed you to record from the telly.. but didn't really look at it long enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

I think all Currys/PC Worlds are having these clearance sales. The Currys in the same block as PC World have a couple of tables set up.

Does this include the one in Jervis?

Cheers,

P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

oceanclub wrote: »
    Does this include the one in Jervis?

Cheers,

P.

Yeah in the door to the right

Was in there on Thurs and they mostly had PSUs, various cables, USB PCI cards and a couple of overpriced graphics cards. Didn't think it was particularly good tbh!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

basquille wrote: »
    Remote Control Transmitter and Reciever - these are an absolute godsend. A small infrared control to switch on and off your the device at the mains. Already have one and picked up another 2. A euro each. Same as these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/SMJ-energy-saving-transmitter-control/dp/B002Q0I2CA/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=kitchen&qid=1271001800&sr=8-4

Do you remember if that was in PC World or Currys? Me likey.

Do you remember if that was in PC World or Currys? Me likey.
    It was Curry's... when you go in the front door, there's a barrel of about 8 - 10 boxes of various bits and pieces. Root for them and you're bound to find another few.

I found two but remember at least two more - they're reduced from €12.97 - €9.97 and then to a euro.

They're absolutely fantastic.. my TV / Sky Box / WDTV / PS3 (etc) is plugged into a surge protector and it's tough to reach the plug. I can now switch that off and my lights at 2 clicks on the remote.

Cannot recommend them enough!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

It was Curry's... when you go in the front door, there's a barrel of about 8 - 10 boxes of various bits and pieces. Root for them and you're bound to find another few.

I found two but remember at least two more - they're reduced from €12.97 - €9.97 and then to a euro.

They're absolutely fantastic.. my TV / Sky Box / WDTV / PS3 (etc) is plugged into a surge protector and it's tough to reach the plug. I can now switch that off and my lights at 2 clicks on the remote.

Cannot recommend them enough!

Yeah, I plan on using one in my room for the pc and all the associated crap that's connected to it and in the sitting room for tv/ps3/xbox/chorus etc. Only problem is I won't have line of sight to the plug thingey in either place so it may not work. I'll get them anyways, what's a couple of euro.

Yeah, I plan on using one in my room for the pc and all the associated crap that's connected to it and in the sitting room for tv/ps3/xbox/chorus etc. Only problem is I won't have line of sight to the plug thingey in either place so it may not work. I'll get them anyways, what's a couple of euro.
    No.. it'll work absolutely fine.

It'll work through walls / ceilings. I should know.. I put two of them on one frequency (surge protector, lights in sitting room) in sitting room so I could use one remote for them both.

I then realised I had my freesat box / TV in my room upstairs hooked up to a transmitter on the same frequency and it switched them off too! :D

No.. it'll work absolutely fine.

It'll work through walls / ceilings. I should know.. I put two of them on one frequency (surge protector, lights in sitting room) in sitting room so I could use one remote for them both.

I then realised I had my freesat box / TV in my room upstairs hooked up to a transmitter on the same frequency and it switched them off too! :D

Very nice. Although now I am tempted to not tell my house mate about these and just mess with his head. Should easily give me a few weeks worth of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Ideo wrote: »
    Yeah in the door to the right

Was in there on Thurs and they mostly had PSUs, various cables, USB PCI cards and a couple of overpriced graphics cards. Didn't think it was particularly good tbh!!

Doh, was hoping for the Xbox controller + games for €15,

Cheers,

P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

consultech wrote: »
    These "clearance" sales are generally not a good sign to see a company doing.

Like wossack said, these are meaningless. They do them all the time. Only the crud is reduced.

Advertisement