Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HelpDesk Software

• 09-04-2010 1:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭

Not 100% sure where to post this.. But what I'm looking for is a Helpdesk Call management software.. I've looked at sugar crm but that is mostly based around sales and prospects. I'm looking for software that will run a tech helpdesk. Also something that could intergrate with an iphone for call assignment.

Anyone using a good one or recommend a decent product out there.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Sounds like you are looking for an ITSM (Information Technology Service Management) tool. Depends on the scale and nature of your business really. Ideally you want a tool that follows best practices:-

http://www.service-now.com/
    http://www.bmc.com/products/product-listing/53035210-143801-2527.html
    https://h10078.www1.hp.com/cda/hpms/display/main/hpms_content.jsp?zn=bto&cp=1-11-85^12473_4000_100

As far as iPhone support....Im sure any of these will work with you for a fee. I'd be looking for a more cross-platform solution personally. Service-Now is web based.

/edit....On second thoughts. We need more info on what you want? Something that distributes the calls (ACD, Automated Call Distribution) or an incident management solution? Both? You could contact Avaya about an ACD setup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭roryq

I've got a trixbox setup in the office for all callflow and call distrubtion.. What I need to do is move away from the call management software. We are currently using an old SQL based software. Which well doesn't have the detail we require.

What I need is Incident management, call scheduling. We are a say 80-90 call a day helpdesk but spread thru 4 or 5 countries. So what I need is something that is web based.

We've been looking at sugar but that seems to be more contract and sales based. I want something more helpdesk and contact management.

I used the hp product in it's former Peregrine Service Center but I think that may be a bit OTT for our operation.

Thanks for the response tho it gives me a bit to look at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

We use a product called Service Desk Express by BMC Software. (Use to be called Magic)

The guys seem to like it, you can have calls automatically logged from emails, each caller gets an number incident number emailed back. Users can log calls themselves or check the status of thier calls through a web interface. Does a lot of reporting, and you can customise it all you want..

Worth having a look at

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭tim9002

Lots of helpdesk tools out there from basic to very high end. A good web based one is NetSupport DNA Helpdesk. Is fully web based and provides support for mobile devices. It is also aimed at the budget conscious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Have you looked at SpiceWorks? It is an excellent network manager with ticketing etc built in and is completely free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Spiceworks is not bad at all.

Another one I have used a lot is Manage Engine's Service Desk Plus.

ITIL compliant as well. Works well and is not too expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭roryq

Cheers for all the help on this lads.. Looking at all the products you have mentioned.

Advertisement