Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

motor tax question, clarification

• 09-04-2010 1:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭

im bringing in a 08 diesel focus, that will be emmissions based VRT and Motor tax right?

www.motortax.ie says this

CO2 EMISSION LEVEL RATES FROM 1 JANUARY 2009
    The attached document sets out the rates of motor tax for brand new vehicles registered in this country after 1 July 2008. Vehicles registered before 1 January 2008, including imports first registered abroad prior to 1 January 2008, will continue to pay motor tax on the basis of engine size (cc rates are shown in previous link).

so basically i can bring in a car registered outside of ireland from jan 08 onwards and it will be under the emissions based tax system but if i bought a jan 08 car from ireland id be charged under the engine size?

so basically i can buy any 08 car from the UK and NI and I pay based on emissions right? so need clarification that i've got this right!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,702 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

jon1981 wrote: »
    im bringing in a 08 diesel focus, that will be emmissions based VRT and Motor tax right?

www.motortax.ie says this

so basically i can bring in a car registered outside of ireland from jan 08 onwards and it will be under the emissions based tax system but if i bought a jan 08 car from ireland id be charged under the engine size?

so basically i can buy any 08 car from the UK and NI and I pay based on emissions right? so need clarification that i've got this right!

As long as it's first registered anywhere after 1st January 2008 you can tax it on the emissions, and the VRT will be emissions based too.

Advertisement