Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shhoting Sports

Options
  • 09-04-2010 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

Hi lads, just wondering are there many here subscribed to Shooting Sports magazine? How's that goin for you?

Am I the only 1 whose ALWAYS waitng 3 wks after its on the shelves for it to be delivered, or worst case, not at all.

:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭ronboy

Well lefthooker,
    The worst subscription of mags I've had. Like yourself I didn't recieve them on time and a couple of times I didn't get them at all. I e-mailed them several times about this and they said they would extend my subscription by 2 months. Do you think they did?? Not a chance the [EMAIL="P*@CKS"]P*@CKS[/EMAIL]. Will never get this subscription again....

Sporting rifle is the only job. Every month on time and without fail and a great mag..

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭chickenfarmer

Hi Lefthooker,
    You are not alone. I got last months one delivered yesterday !! They are very hit and miss. Some months on time and some months very very late

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭ghostmantra

Same here lads, I ordered this subscription in January and I only received my first magazine Monday this week (which was May issue) and 2 days later I received April issue.
    Go figure!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭lefthooker

I rather tentatively renewed my subscription in mid Feb & haven't received an issue since so today I emailed them to roast whichever young 1 replied. I was given a list of explanations, with gems such as;

1) Its a single order which is easier to lose than bulk orders to newsagents.
    2) Its sent by airmail which is harder to track after despatch. Anyone hazzard a guess where it was when its delivered plastered with french postal service stickers.

But the best by far was;
    Its down to the colour of the packaging. I KID YOU NOT. Seemingly its much more likely to be delivered if its sent in a brown envelope rather than the grey plastic wrap its usually sent in.
    So there u have it lads, make sure to specify brown envelopes when you're subscribing.

Brown envelopes I tell ya, its no wonder Bertie & Charlie before him believed in them.

& they seem to develop a blindspot for the word "REFUND" just completely pass over any suggestion of a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭ghostmantra

yea i got the same Brown envelopes:D,did any of you get unsolicited text massages from foneclub.just wondering were they got my number:(if there was a connection

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭chickenfarmer

I haven't gotten any fone club txts anyways.

Advertisement