Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jag XJ220 abandoned....

• 09-04-2010 1:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭

linkage

jaguarxj220qatar4.jpg

Kills me seeing that car like that :(
    Now this just ain't right. A fine example of motoring excellence like the Jaguar XJ220 ought to be cherished. Driven, and driven hard, but then pampered and kept in good condition. Not left out on some dusty Middle Eastern street to wilt like a discarded rose.

For those less than familiar, the XJ220 was a project undertaken by Jaguar engineers in the early 90s. Capable of hitting 220 miles per hour (hence the name, in combination with the company's flagship letters), the XJ220 stood as the fastest street-legal automobile for several years until the McLaren F1 claimed the mantle. Only 281 examples were ever made, and this one looks like it could use a good bath, if not more.

This particular example, numbered 132, was built alongside the rest of the 281 in England. From there it made its way to Beirut, Lebanon, where a dealership in Dubai brokered its sale to the owner in Qatar. A very undeserving owner, we might add, who will hopefully take better care of this rare piece of automobilia or else sell it to someone who will.

[Source: crankandpiston.com]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

I think it great to see a car like that being used in the real world, you won't find him polishing the inside of his wheels with a toothbrush like some nutjob, I bet he does the oil changes himself too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

The_Edge wrote: »
    linkage

jaguarxj220qatar4.jpg

Kills me seeing that car like that :(

makes me sick ,one of my fave cars always wanted one of those ..he could have given it to me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

:'(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

Lads, that car was only left out for a couple of days, it's not abandoned or anything like that. 10 mins with a hose and it'll be fine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Looks like a dodgy neighbourhood, could be up on bricks by now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Apparently the Rat Look is all the rage in Saudi!

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭barryfitz

Maybe the owner is dead..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Ever see the Top Gear where they drag one of these versus a Zonda?

Impressive to say the least

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

what a shame...

a true motoring supercar... left to ruin......

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭gears

A car like that in an area like that..... He'll probably come back to find it washed and waxed ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

Looks like a bomb went off across the street or something.

You could leave a dozen gold bars on the passenger seat and the door unlocked and I reckon they wouldn't tbe robbed over there to be honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Car doesn't get washed. Life continues!

slow news day :D

Advertisement