Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super League XV. Round 11. 9th-11th April.

Options
  • 09-04-2010 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭

Friday, 09 April 2010

Huddersfield v Castleford, 20:00 *Sky*

Saturday, 10 April 2010

Catalans Dragons v Bradford, 17:30
    Harlequins v St Helens, 17:30 *Sky*

Sunday, 11 April 2010

Hull KR v Warrington, 15:00
    Leeds v Hull, 15:00
    Salford v Wigan, 15:00
    Wakefield v Crusaders, 15:30

Quins on TV on Saturday, hope it ain't a video nasty, but I fear it may be a bad afternoon at the stoop for them (sorry Doofer)....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭WakeyTyke

Cas are in a big heap of trouble.

Decimated by injury, Matterson has now dropped their two most effective players Westerman and Chase for 'disciplinary reasons':confused:
    Can see the Giants running up a cricket score in the televised game:(

All is certainly not well down Wheldon Road, the mutterings of discontent are brewing into storm-force proportions - something has got to give:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Chase not on? Was there anything in the media? Otherwise just sounds like a little falling out.

Have to fancy the Giants tonight, shan't be watching this one live though, I'm feeling a little hyper so I'm going to watch the Leinster match to calm myself down. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Forgot about my guru pick for tonight's game, probably would have thought a Giants win by 16 so we shall see. Didn't realise just how big the Giants squad is (numbers not size of player ;) ). I like Tigers as a London old boy coaches them.

Dreading the game tomorrow, bizarrely after loads of weeks of tenner tickets, they are charging over twenty for the game against saints, so expect to see lots and lots of multicoloured seats tomorrow. Holding them to 20 points difference would do me, and think could be seen as a mini-victory if we manage it. (Don't think the league will give us any points for it though!)

Oh, and in the ra ra Rugby, hoping Northampton beat Munster in Heineken Cup, come on you saints!!

Good performance by the Quins, much better than I thought, and the best they have played in a while by all accounts.

Commiserations to Northampton Saints in kick and cheer who were well beaten is second half, still, always next year lads.

dooferoaks wrote: »
    Good performance by the Quins, much better than I thought, and the best they have played in a while by all accounts.

Commiserations to Northampton Saints in kick and cheer who were well beaten is second half, still, always next year lads.

Very hard luck I thought, lot of decisions went Saints' way too, though ya have to wonder if Saints just always had that bit in reserve. If Quins play like today for the rest of the season they won't end up too bad. :)
    How was the attendance btw, seemed a little better than usual.

Were you at the kickclap? Have to admit the two Irish matches were great, haven't watched the Munster match yet though.

• Advertisement

Didn't go to Munster game, was getting regular text updates (drunken ones) from relations who went. First half close, second half not!!! Don't really watch Union but still a shame for friends and family who went. Still, not sure they will remember it anyway :rolleyes:

Attendance at Quins is a bit hard to tell yesterday. It was a joint ticket for both codes (so whoever went got to see at least one winning Quins team). 10,500 at the start of the Union game apparently. 2 hour gap between the two games must have put a lot of people off, Don't know how many stayed for the RL but they state 5200 as attendance for the start of our game. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Really impressed with Quins yesterday. You can clearly see that there is the nucleus of a good team there, also impressed with the attitude displayed. You'd have to say that Quins were unlucky to meet Saints yesterday, reckon they'd have put one over any team form the bottom half of the table yesterday. Some light at the end of the tunnel perhaps...

6/7 in the SportGuru this week, not too shabby. :pac:
    Thomas got a try for Crusaders? Be interesting to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Leeds did a number on FC at Headingley today with (finally) something approaching a full strength team and a hard, fast track But still worrying lapses in concentration..went 18 points up in the first quarter, let FC back in the game, and then turned the screw in the second. But let FC in for a few soft scores in the final 10 mins...Briscoe got 4 tries for FC fair play to him, not many people have come to Leeds, scored four in Headingley, and been on a losing side.

Sinfield was huge, ran the game beautifully.

Bit of a miserable result for Wakefield today, losing at home to Crusaders, only just in the play-offs now, although there is a long way to go.

• Advertisement
Advertisement