Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Logic plug-ins

Options
  • 09-04-2010 1:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know any good plug-ins / add-ons for Logic.

Preferable free but if anyone knows of good ones that cost moolah please share.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭ICN

I really like this one. PSP Vintage Warmer.

http://www.pspaudioware.com/plugins/dynamic_processors/psp_vintagewarmer2/

Its got a mix dial.. which is useful to just add a little bit of warmth I think.

It sounds really beefy - but it would probably be far too much used on everything though. Less is more.

I'm really enjoying the "Opto" setting in the Logic compressor at the moment though. Has a lot more character than the "Platinum" if thats what you want!

EDIT:

Just bought FXpansion GURU recently as well. I was able to get a 50% educational discount cos I'm in College. Fkn sound. Its got a really nice feel to it - Even without swing.. 1,000,000 times better than Ultrabeat.

http://www.fxpansion.com/index.php?page=4&tab=27

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Rockshamrover

Does anyone know any good plug-ins / add-ons for Logic.

Preferable free but if anyone knows of good ones that cost moolah please share.

Thanks

Massey tape head for saturation (Free).

Stillwell Rocket for compression (cheap) The Stillwell stuff is very inexpensive.

The Glue, another compressor. I think it'$99. Tge Gearheadz love it.

Addictive drums Demo, it's free and partially disabled but a good alternative to Ultrabeat.

There are obviously lots more out there, but these are worth checking out for now.

Advertisement