Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UAV/Helicopter thing

Options
  • 09-04-2010 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭

Okay I've seen people do this and kill me with it so how the hell do I use the machine gun on this yoke ?

Or is it just my imagination..

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,262 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Pyr0 wrote: »
    Okay I've seen people do this and kill me with it so how the hell do I use the machine gun on this yoke ?

Or is it just my imagination..

You need the vehicle alternate weapon package unlock.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

What he said ^^^^^^

I think its called ALT V on the last section of the add ons.....this basically lets you use rockets and mini gun on tanks etc and machine gun on the UAV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭bobblepuzzle

I still don't know how to fly the thing.... its not the standard Helicopter controls :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,262 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I still don't know how to fly the thing.... its not the standard Helicopter controls :confused:

R and F to raise and lower, WSAD to move. That's it really.

Yeah but to look up and down its inverted and you cannot change it....very annoying TBH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

You can, it's on the first page of options. Doesn't really matter though as the UAV gets gunned down far far too easily which isn't a bad thing tbh. A single shot from an M95 knocks it out of the sky. Hell I even shot one down with the 1911.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Tip:

Fly it up and then behind you and fire it from there never move it otherwise your a knife target. Always keep your dude in the screen.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

The UAV is great fun to fly low and fast down a street and take someone out with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Btwndeyes

use the enhanced scope and sit well back so they cant shot you and u can rain hellfire down all day :)

I looked at the option and you can change the up and down but not the inverted options....will look again.

TBH anyone how flies the UAV are looking for kills they never SPOT which is the whole point....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

i find the uav a essential bit of kit when theres tank vs tank action goin on it can really turn the tide in your favour and forcing the opposing team into cover is good when your team is pushing forward. iv taken out the opposing helicopter mid air with the uav. I love it hope they keep it for bf3

The helicopter style UAV's are real, so hopefully they'll be kept. They certainly add more depth than the simple orbiting one from BF2.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MQ-8_Fire_Scout

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I looked at the option and you can change the up and down but not the inverted options....will look again.

TBH anyone how flies the UAV are looking for kills they never SPOT which is the whole point....:rolleyes:

Spotting is really buggy with it. Whenever I'm manning one I try to spot every thing I see and it rarely works. :(

The fast reload option is a good upgrade for it if you can keep out of sight of them snipers.

Also hovering directly over a tank in his blind spot is fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I've used it to take down entire buildings. It's good for that. Nothing better than hearing the building collapse, than when you see the enemy shooting at you in the UAV when it does :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Can also use it to jihad m-com stations
    Ive been told that the smoke can also be used to good effect

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

5uspect wrote: »
    The UAV is great fun to fly low and fast down a street and take someone out with.

I used to do that all the time at forst as I didn't realise it was r/f for up/down lol

So many UAV's lost due to crashing into walls etc lol

i still press E instead of R the odd time and if just explodes unfortunatly :rolleyes:

Me too, I must switch Enter Vehicle to some other key and bind stab to E.

would be a great idea if it didnt explode instantly that would allow you to stab someone rob the uav mid air and rain death upon the enemy with their own weapon :cool:

That's true. at least your hellfire will continue on to its target after you get shot down.

• Advertisement
Advertisement