Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's With This Rally In Dublin on Saturday?

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭donkey balls

They trashed it two nights in a row and tried to set it on fire. It's a terraced house with young families and a baby in the same terrace who are now afraid to sleep in their own house. :(:mad:

The media will not report on it at all because this house doesn't exist as far as they were concerned, nothing ever happened outside it that led to a later incident (that was a completely random racist attack remember :rolleyes:) So for them to suddenly report this would lead to some awkward questions about the motives for it.

you forgot to mention the detour from the NAC to were that house is:rolleyes: funny way to be on the way home, be like going from dublin city to galway via kildare town

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

you forgot to mention the detour from the NAC to were that house is:rolleyes: funny way to be on the way home, be like going from dublin city to galway via kildare town

Actually I'd say it would be more like going from Dublin to Kildare via Galway.

But aside from that this house and incidents that took place outside it were airbrushed out of the picture so there was only the Dublin to Kildare journey if you use the above analogy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

jon dory wrote: »
    The house in Mount Garret, Tyrrelstown,where the girlfriend of one of the accused brothers lives was trashed at the weekend. The local youths broke all the windows, axed in the door and tried to burn the house down

They're just expressing their outrage at racist Ireland.

Absurdum wrote: »
    They're just expressing their outrage at racist Ireland.

Which is completely misguided because the incident they are protesting about wasn't racist. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Absurdum wrote: »
    nothing about that in the news....

That is odd. You would think that this would be newsworthy, along with the attempts to burn out the house related to one of the accused.

Morlar wrote: »
    That is odd. You would think that this would be newsworthy, along with the attempts to burn out the house related to one of the accused.

Hmmm well it's no secret that the media have been less than enthusiastic about reporting anything in this case that didn't match the initial portrayal so I wouldn't be surprised if this was true and wasn't reported but at the same time surely something that big would be reported.

And what a controversial first post !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Just got a phone call from a friend of mine who was in Blanchardstown Courthouse today.

Indeed! ;)

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

it was in the paper today that the victims mother assaulted an garda by biting them and that a file is been sent to the DPP

Which paper ?

• Advertisement

it was in the star today a mate of mine caled me to let me know it was also mentioned in the evening herald about the court case but didnt mention anything about the assault.

Advertisement